Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
"Mad" Member
769 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all,

I am going to rebuild my trailer and would like to see some pics of your trailer setups, wheels, mud guards and runners.

Please post some pics if you have them.

My boat's trailer is a bit of a turd and is in serious need of some TLC.

Wikus

Attachments

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Nice lookin boat! You definately need a nice trailer to compliment it. With all due respect, I would can the trailer that you have now and start over fresh if your budget permits. a good looking lower profile tandem axle trailer painted the same as at least one shade on your boat, with some nice 10" teardrop fenders, and a good set of chrome wheels. Cant go wrong, there are tons of good looking trailers here on the boards, I have built three boat trailers so far because i dont like what came with the boats. Gotta remember that it has to be functional as well, make sure it is built with heavier material, and the bunks are set in the appropriate location and angle so that you dont cause a warp or hook in the bottom of your hull.

·
"Mad" Member
769 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice lookin boat! You definately need a nice trailer to compliment it. With all due respect, I would can the trailer that you have now and start over fresh if your budget permits. a good looking lower profile tandem axle trailer painted the same as at least one shade on your boat, with some nice 10" teardrop fenders, and a good set of chrome wheels. Cant go wrong, there are tons of good looking trailers here on the boards, I have built three boat trailers so far because i dont like what came with the boats. Gotta remember that it has to be functional as well, make sure it is built with heavier material, and the bunks are set in the appropriate location and angle so that you dont cause a warp or hook in the bottom of your hull.
Alter Ego,

I am going to strip the whole trailer and rebuild it from scratch.

I will use the axles and the A-frame, the rest will be new. I want to go the low profile route, if the leaf springs will fit.

I bought the new rims and tires today.

I want my trailer to look like the one in the picture.:D

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts