Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
In INTERNET REHAB
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone do Slick Rock? We will be camping and running Slick Rock this weekend for my daughter's 21st and spending some time at Lake Alpine. Probably spend a few hours at the Lodge washing the dust down too. :D:D

Anyone else on the trail or lake this weekend?

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
I remerber being at your daughter's 16th B-day at new hogan with D21 and Alvin, T bag. Boy does time fly. I'v done that trail, it's very senic up, but going to Orville. You guys have fun.

·
In INTERNET REHAB
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I remerber being at your daughter's 16th B-day at new hogan with D21 and Alvin, T bag. Boy does time fly. I'v done that trail, it's very senic up, but going to Orville. You guys have fun.
Hi stranger! Alvin, Kay and I were just talking about that on Saturday, but it was her 18th LOL. We had ALOT of time to kill while we drank, floated and waited for a tow.....he lost the outdrive, OUCH. He and Kay are also going to meet us up at Alpine at the Lodge, he would NEVER do that trail LOL. :D

Have fun at Oroville - is it getting pretty low? Hogan is dropping by the day...pretty bad.

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
Where is Lake Alpine?

·
In INTERNET REHAB
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Hi stranger! Alvin, Kay and I were just talking about that on Saturday, but it was her 18th LOL. We had ALOT of time to kill while we drank, floated and waited for a tow.....he lost the outdrive, OUCH. He and Kay are also going to meet us up at Alpine at the Lodge, he would NEVER do that trail LOL. :D

Have fun at Oroville - is it getting pretty low? Hogan is dropping by the day...pretty bad.
Why would Alvin not want to do that trail. It is not hard.
Orville is about 150 feet down, that sucks, but we will still have a good time.
Have fun up there and say hi to Alvin and Kay for me.

·
In INTERNET REHAB
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Why would Alvin not want to do that trail. It is not hard.
Orville is about 150 feet down, that sucks, but we will still have a good time.
Have fun up there and say hi to Alvin and Kay for me.
ROTFLMAO! You don't know Alvin very well do you? He doesn't camp unless it's in a HOTEL with a bar....and won't take ANYTHING he owns off of the pavement. Including himself LOL.

I'll tell them hi for ya. :D

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
ROTFLMAO! You don't know Alvin very well do you? He doesn't camp unless it's in a HOTEL with a bar....and won't take ANYTHING he owns off of the pavement. Including himself LOL.

I'll tell them hi for ya. :D
What kind of a clamper is he, wont go camping. Well he is married now. Have a good one.

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
Hi Bob - Here is the link to Slick Rock, but Lake Alpine is in the Stanislaus National Forest up Highway 4. Its beautiful up there. We usually camp at Utica and take the old road up to the Lodge, rough road but great for wheeling & similar in some spots to the Rubicon.

http://www.sharetrails.org/magazine/article.php?id=1066
Thanks Traci, might check it out next time I'm in that area, beautiful country. Have a good time and give us a full report when you get back.
:)hand Maybe not....I don't have anything with 4WD.

·
In INTERNET REHAB
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks Traci, might check it out next time I'm in that area, beautiful country. Have a good time and give us a full report when you get back.
Thats ok, its a beautiful lake even without the wheeling. I'll make sure and take lots of pics. :D

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
Traci, Have you run across anymore ghost town/Cal. history websites? A while back you posted a few that were great. Got anymore? Looking to do some more web touring since I can't afford the gas to get to any of them. Thanks, Bob

·
ICETOM
62 Posts
Anyone do Slick Rock? We will be camping and running Slick Rock this weekend for my daughter's 21st and spending some time at Lake Alpine. Probably spend a few hours at the Lodge washing the dust down too. :D:D

Anyone else on the trail or lake this weekend?
21HMMM:))eek:))Finally ;)...Tell her I said HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!Have fun it's great up there..:)devil

·
In INTERNET REHAB
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)

Ok Bob, here ya go :D We had a fantastic time, and mother nature gave us one hell of a surprise on Saturday afternoon just after we had started the trail. Started dumping on us and brought a new meaning to "slick" rock:D. Made it a little wet for us but we still had a blast and the thunder and lightning show was beautiful. Here are a few shots of the trip.

The top of one of the hills and it was nasty slick getting up it. There were about 6 rigs behind us airing down to make it up but we made it without having too.....but it scared the sh*t out of me.......beautiful shot from the top.

He almost lost his stuff out of the bed LOL...........

A sunset shot of Lake Utica..this was on one side of camp and the river on the other.

This was on the other side of camp....

Taking a break and enjoying the view of the lake

My daughter taking her turn on the trail

Traci, Have you run across anymore ghost town/Cal. history websites? A while back you posted a few that were great. Got anymore? Looking to do some more web touring since I can't afford the gas to get to any of them. Thanks, Bob
Just this site, I found it awhile back and it has alot of info on historical sites too. You can search by geographical area as well. Had no idea so many people were in to this stuff and even CREATE their own. Interesting.

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
I don't think there is any other place in the world like California and look at the jerks running it in Sacramento.

Great shots!!!

·
In INTERNET REHAB
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Me and some friends are doing fordyce this weekend and then rubicon on 4th weekend
We are considering the Rubicon on the 4th as well. Its either that or the coast :D

I don't think there is any other place in the world like California and look at the jerks running it in Sacramento.

Great shots!!!
Thanks!

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
Fantastic pics, Looks like you guys had a great time. Thanks for posting....BTW if you run across any more ghost town/history sites please post them. If gas ever becomes reasonable I have a list of towns and sites I would like to visit. Cerro Gordo, Skidoo, Darwin are among the many I gotta see. Thanks again Traci.

·
In INTERNET REHAB
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Fantastic pics, Looks like you guys had a great time. Thanks for posting....BTW if you run across any more ghost town/history sites please post them. If gas ever becomes reasonable I have a list of towns and sites I would like to visit. Cerro Gordo, Skidoo, Darwin are among the many I gotta see. Thanks again Traci.
WOW, Darwin and Cerra Gordo look very interesting! I couldn't find Skidoo though? I'm going to add those to my list as well. Thanks Bob!:D

1 - 20 of 32 Posts