Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A prominate group interested in business development at the lake has asked us to put on an event there. We may be going up there this Saturday May 17 to check things out in preperation to doing something there. We will leave early Sat. morning and probably stay overnight on the boat or at Steele Park Resort. If you are interested in going let me know.

So we know if an event there is something worth pursuing contact me and let me know if you are interested in attending an event there. If you are not interested please do not respond with negative comments as your non response will be sufficient.

Thanks in advance for keeping this thread on topic and positive.

·
pay me or pay me no mind
3,269 Posts
what kind of event ?
the lake has running room but not much for the bigger boats as some peeps have told me but acroos the main body would be idea for a long WOT shot! the roads headed up are tight for the bigger boats.its my back yard so im there as much as possable! what kind of dealio are trying to whip up maybe we can throw down some input!!

·
Premium Member
1,953 Posts
Chris

While I love Lake Berryessa I would have to agree. As far as the big boats go, it is a tuff tow and it might not draw the crowd yearly like I think you would like. We try to do a couple of trips there every year and always have a great time but the bigger boats are real boring on that lake. You get from the Damn to the other end by the far bridge in what seems like 5 min. Anyways if you could do something on that lake geared more for the Ski boats and wake boarders (smaller boats in general) I think you would have a hit. I guess the hard part is the inherent lack of lodging that is going to cause you the most difficulty. If you can find away around that you will have no issues.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the feedback

I appreciate the feed back. Keep it coming.

I figured the lake would be limited for long fast runs but then again after 5 minutes of full throttle most don't really care much about running longer. Seems the days of 200 mile runs like we use to do may be over. I am finding that many just want to explore new areas in a group, party a little and have an opportunity to run their boats a little not necessicarily full throttle all day long. I understand that rafting up under some bridge may have some attraction too.

Anyway the whole thing came about as a way to bring revenue to the area and if that can happen and we have a great time it may be something worth doing.

·
pay me or pay me no mind
3,269 Posts
most definitly a great idea...maybe throw it out there for the smaller style boats also v-drive,jets ,day cruisers...ect...under the bridge does have it going on sometimes but i think with camping being cut out, its going to be slow up there all year and hard to attract peeps up there with know where to sleep...
now if you can convince those powers above that they have to open up some space for people to camp your great idea can be pulled of big time they will see the results...:D

·
IDGAF
2,872 Posts
its to bad about all the shit going on at berryessa, cuzz it has(had) ample space to have a great event there.. would be great if someone has the in to pull it off.

·
IDGAF
2,872 Posts
Chris

While I love Lake Berryessa I would have to agree. As far as the big boats go, it is a tuff tow and it might not draw the crowd yearly like I think you would like. We try to do a couple of trips there every year and always have a great time but the bigger boats are real boring on that lake. You get from the Damn to the other end by the far bridge in what seems like 5 min. Anyways if you could do something on that lake geared more for the Ski boats and wake boarders (smaller boats in general) I think you would have a hit. I guess the hard part is the inherent lack of lodging that is going to cause you the most difficulty. If you can find away around that you will have no issues.
agreed the tow is a pain, but I really like that lake once your there.. 5 minutes? man Terry your sled is pickin up speed.. lol:D

·
IDGAF
2,872 Posts
Just offer free Pabst, crank, scab remover, itching powder and food stamps and they wil come flying out of those hills.
Now thats funny. Kinda like the way they come running out of the hills of Folsom from there (owe a couple hundred thousand more on there house then its worth because they bought new boats and cars and are going bankrupt soon) , every time the DEA choppers fly low looking for their pot farms..... its just not easy being an entrepreneur
these days, lol:)sphss

·
rollin on the river
1,932 Posts
Chris

The only way I see bigger boats towing up there would be through winters. But it has a hell of a hillclimb by the dam. But like a boardfeast would be off the hook there.:)devil

·
Premium Member
1,953 Posts
agreed the tow is a pain, but I really like that lake once your there.. 5 minutes? man Terry your sled is pickin up speed.. lol:D
Down hill....behind a truck with no brakes.....following YOU:)grn

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
New topic needed

Now thats funny. Kinda like the way they come running out of the hills of Folsom from there (owe a couple hundred thousand more on there house then its worth because they bought new boats and cars and are going bankrupt soon) , every time the DEA choppers fly low looking for their pot farms..... its just not easy being an entrepreneur
these days, lol:)sphss
Unnecessary and irrelevant non-topic information for this thread. Sounds very serious you should start a thread to discuss your concerns about Folsom.

·
IDGAF
2,872 Posts
Just offer free Pabst, crank, scab remover, itching powder and food stamps and they wil come flying out of those hills.
Unnecessary and irrelevant non-topic information for this thread. Sounds very serious you should start a thread to discuss your concerns about Folsom.
Excuse me SIr, this was in response to a post by someone who obviously wants to enhance themselves by putting others down.. By your previous posts I'm sure you don't condon those kind of statements, nor do I.

Thank you for your concern, maybe you should call permanent waves, (you know who he is ;))and suggest he stop his derrogatory comments.. Thank You .

I want to hear more about this topic. Hopefully it can continue without the derrogatory remarks regarding those folks who live in the area you want to promote an event.. I'm surprised you didn't catch this.

Please Carry On

·
Registered
79 Posts
Pleasure Cove has open camping. They have cleaned the resort up a ton from past years. If you own an RV you can park in the old trailer spots and have complete hook-ups. The ramp is not bad, the restrooms are clean and I keep my houseboat there.

The only real draw back is the roads. Napa could spend some tourist money and fix those roads. I tow a 26 Eliminator there most weekends during the summer and have no problems. I would love to see an event there.

·
pay me or pay me no mind
3,269 Posts
keep us posted chris on your progress!

come on chris who wouldnt want to party with this guy......

·
IDGAF
2,872 Posts
Pleasure Cove has open camping. They have cleaned the resort up a ton from past years. If you own an RV you can park in the old trailer spots and have complete hook-ups. The ramp is not bad, the restrooms are clean and I keep my houseboat there.

The only real draw back is the roads. Napa could spend some tourist money and fix those roads. I tow a 26 Eliminator there most weekends during the summer and have no problems. I would love to see an event there.
Is pleasure cove open for launching now?? a lot closer when your coming from sacramento

1 - 20 of 44 Posts