Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Diesel Pimp
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well Don Pedro, you win again. And a huge thank you to Rick and OC for the combo tow home. You guys were life savers. I was preparing to spend the night out there in my oil soaked boat. I can't thank you guys enough!

Stacy and I had fun at Pedro though, thank you guys for your hospitality! Always a good time!

The trip took it's toll on my poor boat. My driver seat came apart, the eye that holds the boat on the trailer broke, and I almost lost it on the freeway coming home, and the carpet is pulling up because it is soaked with 10 qts of Red Line 20-50 on top of the motor issue.

I pulled the motor today and it looks like the intake gasket blew out and filled the motor full of water. I guess I should have listened to the guy back east, who I bought that Imco lower off of, and kept an eye on water pressure. Live and learn.

It looks like my season will be cut short. But it was a ton of fun.. Thanks to all of the DLB for a great year!

What do you do when your motor blows up? Build it bigger and badder!:)devil

Attachments

·
Registered
762 Posts
Sorry to hear about the damage, if it make you feel any better your not alone. You definetly filled that sucker up. Hope things aren't too ugly when you start digging into it. I'll be doing that with mine shortly. When did you have the problems?

·
!%@#$
508 Posts
That really suks. We had water pressure issues before also. Make sure when it goes back together it goes in with a water pressure bypass valve. Cheap and they really work.

Racer

·
Diesel Pimp
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ouch, Water pressure can be a issue. Damn I didn't think the drive would outlast the motor.....:D
LOL, ya me neither. I figured I would go through several of your drives with that motor :D JK

Sorry to hear about the damage, if it make you feel any better your not alone. You definetly filled that sucker up. Hope things aren't too ugly when you start digging into it. I'll be doing that with mine shortly. When did you have the problems?
Ohh you too? Man that's not good. It let loose near moccasin as it was getting dark outside. I discovered the problem at 110 mph as Stacy and I were being covered with oil. lol. She's a trooper though didn't complain a bit. I think I found a keeper.

That really suks. We had water pressure issues before also. Make sure when it goes back together it goes in with a water pressure bypass valve. Cheap and they really work.

Racer
Were do you get the bypass? Thanks for the advice.

Sorry to hear that Adam. Nice talking with you guys on Saturday. Hope to see you on the water soon.
Good talking to you too Drew, It depends on how much my machine shop bill is. If it's going to be a big one I'll go full johnny and put some cnc ported heads on it and a few other things. I want 100 more hp so it may be next season. But we'll see.

·
Registered
12 Posts
dont sweat the tow in.....its nothin'.....I'm just wishin' i didnt give you my last beer...lol !!! you needed it more than me...its all good. sorry about the boat hope you get back on the water sooner than later. be lookin' for ya soon, best of luck ...rick

·
Registered
848 Posts
Missing Reef sandals!

It appears somone took a pair of black reef sandals and left a pair of brown O'neal sandals in front of our houseboat on Saturday afternoon. The Reef's were new and my son Brad's. I'm sure it was just a mix up but we would like to get them back. Anyone come up with a pair of sandals. PM me if you want to keep it off the boards.

Thanks you,

Rick

·
Diesel Pimp
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
dont sweat the tow in.....its nothin'.....I'm just wishin' i didnt give you my last beer...lol !!! you needed it more than me...its all good. sorry about the boat hope you get back on the water sooner than later. be lookin' for ya soon, best of luck ...rick
LOL, ya that beer came at a good time. LOL. I'll get ya back, you can be sure of that! Thanks again Rick!

It appears somone took a pair of black reef sandals and left a pair of brown O'neal sandals in front of our houseboat on Saturday afternoon. The Reef's were new and my son Brad's. I'm sure it was just a mix up but we would like to get them back. Anyone come up with a pair of sandals. PM me if you want to keep it off the boards.

Thanks you,

Rick
No dice here, just my pair of broken down brown Quicksilvers and Stacy's diamond studded flip flops. Sorry Rick.

·
!%@#$
508 Posts
The bypass valve can be bought from CP, Rex, Dana, or Teague I'm sure.
Give me a shout if you are going to upgrade to CNC heads, I may have just what you need.

Racer

·
Registered
4,218 Posts
The bypass valve can be bought from CP, Rex, Dana, or Teague I'm sure.
Give me a shout if you are going to upgrade to CNC heads, I may have just what you need.

Racer
might be too small for the inches he has and the nitros crap he cheats with:D:D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts