Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd kinda like to make sure my POS floats before hauling it all the way out to the river...I'm thinking about maybe taking half the day off on Wed. and heading out to elsinore.

A couple questions:

1: Is it pretty dead out there during the week?

2: Is there anyone who has a running boat (otherwise I'd call Mouzer) with the day off on Wed. that would like to join me for a few hours? I'd rather not paddle or swim back to shore should a problem arise.

3: Do they patrol the lake during the week or can I go fast?

·
Got to get In da Wind
821 Posts
I usually see about 5 boats out there during the week - in the morning your always going to have a few wakeboard boats. Not really patrolled by police during the week so much but they are only monuments away from being in the water for emergencies. The speed zone is shut down on weekends from memorial day to labor day. Take a VHF radio channel 16 if you have problems, there is a group of volunteer folks who mostly live along that lake that do patrols.

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
I might be able to take my flattie to Elsinore on Wednesday, not sure yet. In the middle of the lake there is no speed limit every day.
Hey Rod, where have you been?:)hand If you head out let me know. Love to join in:D I been wondering how the flatty is progressing. M

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
I'd kinda like to make sure my POS floats before hauling it all the way out to the river...I'm thinking about maybe taking half the day off on Wed. and heading out to elsinore.

A couple questions:

1: Is it pretty dead out there during the week?

2: Is there anyone who has a running boat (otherwise I'd call Mouzer) with the day off on Wed. that would like to join me for a few hours? I'd rather not paddle or swim back to shore should a problem arise.

3: Do they patrol the lake during the week or can I go fast?
During the week is always a good test and tune time and as long as you are not being stupid the water cops don,t launch unless needed. If I get the night off I would join in. Hotrod56cars knows me and from my house I can be wet in 15 minutes. M

·
1 boat's never enough
107 Posts
Where's the best place to luanch in elsinore? I'm trying to get dialed in this week and had a problem finding a decent ramp last time out.

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've got a buddy from SD coming up, so it's on.

Since it looks like we might make a little gathering out of this, where do we meet and when? I can't get out of work in Long Beach until noon...so I figure it's about a 1 hour ride for me to get to the lake.

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
Where's the best place to luanch in elsinore? I'm trying to get dialed in this week and had a problem finding a decent ramp last time out.
I generally launch at Elsinore West and cause I know the guys there I don't get hasseled! Let me know if you need directions but it's on riverside drive. I stay away from the city ramp cause the water cop shop is there and try to draw away from attention!! IF i make a pass i am sure to keep the headers pointed away from that area. M

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
Hey Mark, the flattie is doing, it's a fun little boat. I'll definately let you know if I go up there.

A new sig line for someone? :D

:)hand
You berry funny-you make me raugh!!!!! Good to hear from you. I have been either out of the sess pool or hiding in the background. M

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
I've got a buddy from SD coming up, so it's on.

Since it looks like we might make a little gathering out of this, where do we meet and when? I can't get out of work in Long Beach until noon...so I figure it's about a 1 hour ride for me to get to the lake.
Works for me if I work!!!! I am usually parked and out of the rig by 11am and home by noon. Call the ball mav!!! M

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Works for me if I work!!!! I am usually parked and out of the rig by 11am and home by noon. Call the ball mav!!! M
OK, I'll be somewhere near the lake at 1, but have no idea where to go once I get there. Last time I was out there was with my POS flattie 10 years ago.

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
OK, I'll be somewhere near the lake at 1, but have no idea where to go once I get there. Last time I was out there was with my POS flattie 10 years ago.
Shoot me and hoatrod56cars a p.m. and we can hook up hopefully. I will tell though the wind at times will come up at 1 P.M. on some days but if you know the lake there is always smooth water to find. I checked the weather and shows high 80'S:DM

·
Banned
3,605 Posts
The water was perfect until about 2:00. Zero wind until about 3:00. The 4:00 water was like San Diego Bay July 4th weekend, very choppy and shot out. Very nice day out there today. lbhsbz's boat was on it's maiden voyage and it ran well, went back on the trailer under it's own power, no fires, etc... I drove the hell out of my boat and I had a lot of fun with it. Mark showed up and gave it hell in the cove. It was a good day! :)devil
cel phone pic

Attachments

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for showin' up guys...I had fun, It was cool meeting you guys. I like that flattie.

My boat ran pretty good. 70mph (gps) at 6400 w/ a stock rock grate ain't bad coming out of the cove. I'm gonna take Mark's advice and throw a shoe/rideplate/loader in it and see what happens....and a splash guard...and more bilge pumps LOL.

My dad had the camara so I'll see if he got any more pics.

·
Got to get In da Wind
821 Posts
You guys got the past day in the last month or more. Could see you running and looked like fun was being had.

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
Thanks for showin' up guys...I had fun, It was cool meeting you guys. I like that flattie.

My boat ran pretty good. 70mph (gps) at 6400 w/ a stock rock grate ain't bad coming out of the cove. I'm gonna take Mark's advice and throw a shoe/rideplate/loader in it and see what happens....and a splash guard...and more bilge pumps LOL.

My dad had the camara so I'll see if he got any more pics.
ibhsbz, I don't know if you have access to a mill or not but I have in my old race stuff a starting of a shoe and some other misc pump parts. I don't have the ride plate but thats a simple 8x18 1/4 inch aluminum plate. I also have a saddle for the pump and shims! like to help you out on your'e deal and save you money for more water time. I'm not going to use it so it's come and get it. Also I woke up in the middle of the night and figured out your'e bottom is based on a early Rogers bonniville with a delta keel!!! Kinda scarry when you think about this sh$it in your'e sleep. Good to meet you and your'e dad yesterday, lets do it again soon. Mark

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Awesome...I'll see if I can get out there this weekend. I've

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
Awesome...I'll see if I can get out there this weekend. I've
ihhsbz, If you are going to come out this weekend let me know asap as I am going to pull a shim out of my ride plate and I can wait to do that this weekend and have it apart so you can get an idea on how my set-up works. I have a wild hair problem and if the wild hair wiggles and the weather is good I am wet in 15 minutes. Any day above ground is a good day and any day in the water is a great day. M

1 - 20 of 20 Posts