Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Havasu has been my home for more than 40 years off and on; but I must say there are some significant advantages to LOTO, especially for the larger boats. Much larger area of water, diversity in boats, multiple restaurants waterside with great docks and the ability to build a home and live right on the water.

Any opinions from those that have been to both locations?

·
32 DW X-CAT
2,271 Posts
Comment:

Havasu is a pond compared to LOTO no comparison at all. LOTO is over 100 miles long and has approximately 1150 miles of shoreline.

Multiple dock bars/restaurants, fueling accomodations you really cannot compare the two. It's like comparing a house cat to a lion.

LOTO homes are insane only place that rivals it is Florida.... Sarasota, Clearwater, etc...mansions on the water every home has a cement dock with multiple air lifts, flat screen TV's etc...

I told Ray Lee about it and he did not believe me. Now that he has gone.... he told me over the phone this is the place to be with a big V-Bottom and endless places to run to. All in one day. Told him once you cross the Hurricane Deck bridge you gonna say "Oh shit! that looks like an ocean"....it's all true.

KAP

·
Registered
252 Posts
I am at LOTO at this moment. Speaking with some people from Havasu and they noted the following things in relation to the two:

Docks at LOTO, I mean everywhere with covered births and most have gas for sale and even RACE GAS for sale on the water

Restaurants on the water everywhere

No one goes to sleep at 10 pm

Lots of bars, on the water and large, three story bars with a lot of people!

Beautiful large magnificent homes everywhere

TONS of boats from a lot of different manufacturers divided among a lot of different sizes

Far more opulence in LOTO with a lot of very friendly people

Both are HOT but LOTO has Humidity to boot

LOTO is green!

I've got to generally agree, LOTO is a lot of fun and fun us easy to find here this weekend.

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
Comparing apples to oranges as far as Res.'s go. Havasu being on the Colorado River is a whole different deal than the midwestern res.'s

·
Premium Member
3,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
4 days

·
32 DW X-CAT
2,271 Posts
How long would it take you to make the drive towing from So Cal. to Ozarks?
Comment:

Four Days....are you kidding me..... yeah if your gonna stop at all the twins at the pool, local villages for pub and grub.

HPBoats83 it takes two and half days of 10 hour driving days distance is 18 hours from my home which is 8 miles from the Mexican Border to LOTO.

KAP

P.S. Four Days I will be in Key West.... homie:wink2:.

·
Banned
5,950 Posts
Home Run!!

I am at LOTO at this moment. Speaking with some people from Havasu and they noted the following things in relation to the two:

Docks at LOTO, I mean everywhere with covered births and most have gas for sale and even RACE GAS for sale on the water

Restaurants on the water everywhere

No one goes to sleep at 10 pm

Lots of bars, on the water and large, three story bars with a lot of people!

Beautiful large magnificent homes everywhere

TONS of boats from a lot of different manufacturers divided among a lot of different sizes

Far more opulence in LOTO with a lot of very friendly people

Both are HOT but LOTO has Humidity to boot

LOTO is green!

I've got to generally agree, LOTO is a lot of fun and fun us easy to find here this weekend.
You really summed it up perfectly,The Docking,Bars,Restaurants,FUEL,Friendly is a major plus.
I have been to the Ozarks 6 times and it is super and totally different than Havasu.

The MAJOR thing to remember the Midwest is People/Business friendly and want you there,and Not stick you.

·
Administrator
11,648 Posts
I've never been to LOTO but have been to Havasu quite a bit. Since I don't much like Havasu (cept off season perhaps) I have to vote LOTO just based on pics I've seen :D

Of course I prefer Parker over Havasu, Mead over Havasu, Mohave over Havasu, Needles over Havasu, Delta over Havasu, Elsinore over Havasu. Okay you caught me lying on that last one but you get the point :D

·
Under yo mommas bed
1,884 Posts
There is no comparison. LOTO all the way. Went there a lot when I lived in Il..:thumb:

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
You really summed it up perfectly,The Docking,Bars,Restaurants,FUEL,Friendly is a major plus.
I have been to the Ozarks 6 times and it is super and totally different than Havasu.

The MAJOR thing to remember the Midwest is People/Business friendly and want you there,and Not stick you.

It has nothing to do with "sticking it to you". With Havasu, Mohave, Mead and Powell being on the Colorado river system there are a Ton of more Regs. by the Feds as what can be developed on the Lakes. Like I said you are comparing apples to oranges. Yeah I've been on more Res.'s and Lakes from the East coast to the West coast and from Michigan to Florida and in between then most people have ever even heard of, that includes Ozarks.

·
Premium Member
3,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
When I travel across country I like to take my time. My dad made us urinate in bottles unless we happened to coordinate a pit stop for fuel on our family boating trips.

When I travel now for pleasure, I purposively take my time to enjoy the sights and not just paved highway.

KAP can race cross country but it's not nearly as enjoyable or relaxing.

·
32 DW X-CAT
2,271 Posts
When I travel across country I like to take my time. My dad made us urinate in bottles unless we happened to coordinate a pit stop for fuel on our family boating trips.

When I travel now for pleasure, I purposively take my time to enjoy the sights and not just paved highway.

KAP can race cross country but it's not nearly as enjoyable or relaxing.
Comment:

I totally agree if time is not an issue by all means take the state routes and go through some really gorgeous areas in the U.S. However, when we made our first trek to LOTO we took our 3 year old and towing a boat. It was very enjoyable and we did not push it yet still made the trip in 3 days.

Note: Also your just driving a truck versus towing a boat going to a location for a purpose...big difference IMO.

You know we have a beautiful country and we really have not seen enough of it....due to time constraints. I guess that is the reason a lot of people get RV's a Good Sam membership and cruise around the country checking out things we never knew existed.

Thread related in defense of Havasu we do have one of the longest boating seasons in the country. On my calendar it goes from March to November. Lay-up for me is December, January, February....after that it is all boating.

KAP

P.S. Grand Lake of the Cherokees, Table Rock and Cumberland are also great lakes to visit with a boat....GLC is almost as big as LOTO.

·
Premium Member
3,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
According to LOTO locals their season is 4 months. And based on what we saw might be closer to 3 months. Every restaurant we ate at was QUIET except for Saturday morning.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts