Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
2,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And for my 1000th.....something worth while...went to Lake Mead today.....one of the best boating days we have had in a long time, launched in 5 minutes, checked out the dam, went up through the narrows...maybe a dozen boats went by us in a few hours while hanging out in the upper basin...forgot what boating was like without the ZOO atmosphere ....:D

Attachments

· @ The Islander
4,093 Posts
Very nice, I miss going to Mead, I havent been there is probably four years.

Five minutes to launch? That's great. The reason I stopped going there was because of the hour wait to launch & hour to retrieve.

· Registered
2,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Very nice, I miss going to Mead, I havent been there is probably four years.

Five minutes to launch? That's great. The reason I stopped going there was because of the hour wait to launch & hour to retrieve.
That was my major worry along with not knowing if the Stock Excursion was tall enough to launch the Rinker due to the shallow conditions of all the ramps. But all worked out great...5 minutes was being generous, we got down to the ramp at exactly 10am (Boulder Harbor) there were only 2 trucks in front of us and it took only a few minutes and the wife was on here way to park the truck...not crowded at all I was very surprised. Took us about 10-15 minutes max to pull the boat out that included the wife walking up the ramp to get the truck and trailer and down into the water...

I think the river days are numbered for us....

· @ The Islander
4,093 Posts
That was my major worry along with not knowing if the Stock Excursion was tall enough to launch the Rinker due to the shallow conditions of all the ramps. But all worked out great...5 minutes was being generous, we got down to the ramp at exactly 10am (Boulder Harbor) there were only 2 trucks in front of us and it took only a few minutes and the wife was on here way to park the truck...not crowded at all I was very surprised. Took us about 10-15 minutes max to pull the boat out that included the wife walking up the ramp to get the truck and trailer and down into the water...

I think the river days are numbered for us....
I don't blame you at all. Have you thought about getting a slip there & just leave the boat in the water?

The drive home this weekend SUCKED, the contruction zone is dragging, and for some reason, there was just a ton of traffic for a change. Took me over 3 hours to get home, longest drive ever.

· Registered
2,286 Posts
And for my 1000th.....something worth while...went to Lake Mead today.....one of the best boating days we have had in a long time, launched in 5 minutes, checked out the dam, went up through the narrows...maybe a dozen boats went by us in a few hours while hanging out in the upper basin...forgot what boating was like without the ZOO atmosphere ....:D
Holy crap, 1000 posts, and still nothing of value, Im a little disappointed with the lack of Pirate Cove updates...now get off your ass and report back!!!:)devil:)devil:(:(:(:(:)hand:)hand

· Registered
2,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I don't blame you at all. Have you thought about getting a slip there & just leave the boat in the water?

The drive home this weekend SUCKED, the contruction zone is dragging, and for some reason, there was just a ton of traffic for a change. Took me over 3 hours to get home, longest drive ever.
After yesterday's great day we are heading down there in about a half hour to see about a slip and if it will be worth it to keep it in the water til end of Oct.......might be worth it on busy days...or for a quick boat ride after work during the week....:D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.