Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last weeked I was in the Silver Beach area with some friends that live there.It was a calm day and from the beach the water or waves didn't look to bad. I would like to plan a trip with my 18foot jet boat,would I be alight? I have just heard stories of how bad it can be. Thanks.

· Michigan Hotboats
279 Posts
Last weeked I was in the Silver Beach area with some friends that live there.It was a calm day and from the beach the water or waves didn't look to bad. I would like to plan a trip with my 18foot jet boat,would I be alight? I have just heard stories of how bad it can be. Thanks.
I guess if you didnt venture very far from the launch and make sure its a nice day with no wind, you might be o.k. I've been out there on nice sunny days and 20 minutes later the waves are over my head on a 30' proline!! and thats only a mile off shore!!

· Premium Member
3,151 Posts
No way would you get me out on the big water in a jet.:D

· Registered
2,359 Posts
No way would you get me out on the big water in a jet.:D
Especially Lake Michigan, Always windy, water is COLD COLD, 4's are a calm day ...................... Lake Michigan in an 18 ft. Jet you say :))eek:)) ?????? Plenty of better places to hang out !!!! Try Torch Lake and the Indian River much better time !!!!!

· oldsmopile equipped
695 Posts
Try Torch Lake and the Indian River much better time !!!!!

Indian River:)sphss do you mean the one that connects Burt to mullet lake? or is there one near lake MI.?

I grew up on the Indian river in the summer when I was a kid, trust me the hottest boat I ever saw was a baja:)grnand every time I saw it they were being pulled over! my parents now have a place on Burt lake but I'm a little worried about the tickets. and the wake after 10am. the family boat is fun out there tho:)devilgreat tubing!!

· Registered
2,359 Posts
Indian River:)sphss do you mean the one that connects Burt to mullet lake? or is there one near lake MI.?

I grew up on the Indian river in the summer when I was a kid, trust me the hottest boat I ever saw was a baja:)grnand every time I saw it they were being pulled over! my parents now have a place on Burt lake but I'm a little worried about the tickets. and the wake after 10am. the family boat is fun out there tho:)devilgreat tubing!!
Thats the one, Bring ALL your safety gear, registration, make sure you are totally legal thats why I run mufflers in my v-drive, make sure you don't drink until AFTER you are done driving the boat, then just smile when they pull you over and say F^&* you very much !!!!:)hand

· Registered
1 Posts
I took my 10' GW Invader out there last year. If it is a calm day, the rollers between the piers will be your biggest obstacle. They can be intimidating. I've been toying with taking my 18' Hydrostream out there on a calm day. What is holding me back, is not sure if I have enough gas tank for it. With the closest ramps being a 30 minute troll out to the pierheads, I don't know if my 16 gallons will get me there and back with much time to play.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.