Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Late Start-er
786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Planning on going to the races at Ming on Sunday but dont know anything about it... at all.

Anybody got an address for the entrance Im aiming a gps to?
NJBA and another web site weren't much help other than telling me the races are at the lake, start at 10am and $10 to get in.
I just got my Dad's Belmont going and cant get enough BOAT and havent been to the drags in about 15 years, which is too long ago for me to remember.
I want to look at and in every flat bottom v-drive I can find to learn stuff, in addition to watching the races. I'd also like to meet any of you folks that might be there.
What time should I plan to get there?
What time might the races be over?
Any good advice on parking?
What to carry in? Chair? Ice chest? Backpack?
I seem to remember having that stuff when I went with Dad but Ill be alone this trip and want to get as much out of my trip as I can.
Cant wait.
Give me a shout if ya see me wandering aimlessly with a camera.
Thanks for any help.
JT

Attachments

·
Registered
979 Posts
Lets see if I am any help here,

Planning on going to the races at Ming on Sunday but dont know anything about it... at all.

Anybody got an address for the entrance Im aiming a gps to? not sure of an address, but off of Alfred Harrell Highway from 178.
NJBA and another web site weren't much help other than telling me the races are at the lake, start at 10am and $10 to get in.
I just got my Dad's Belmont going and cant get enough BOAT and havent been to the drags in about 15 years, which is too long ago for me to remember.
I want to look at and in every flat bottom v-drive I can find to learn stuff, in addition to watching the races. I'd also like to meet any of you folks that might be there.
What time should I plan to get there? 9-10ish
What time might the races be over? around 5
Any good advice on parking? free parking right across the street from the entrance gate.
What to carry in? Chair? yes Ice chest?yes Backpack? yes. There is normally food vender and tshirts for sell. Alot of the teams sell shirts out of the pits also.
I seem to remember having that stuff when I went with Dad but Ill be alone this trip and want to get as much out of my trip as I can.
Cant wait.
Give me a shout if ya see me wandering aimlessly with a camera.
Thanks for any help.
JT

·
Registered
108 Posts
OK let's see if I can help! 99 hwy. To Bakersfield 178 hwy. (I "think" it's called Oil Dale hwy.) Go East maybe 15-20 miles to Alfred Harrell hwy. (threre's a stop light there) make a left, go approx 1.5 miles to Lake Ming rd. (there's a gas station/store and a fire station that are cross coners) make a right, and follow the rd. around to the left (your doing a big "U" turn) the gate will be on your right and parking on the left! Good luck :happy:

·
Late Start-er
786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for all the info. Cant wait!

·
Late Start-er
786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks everyone for the info. Had a good time and great weather. Nice to meet you Tim. Fun to watch you run. Cya next month out there
JT:)devil

1 - 9 of 9 Posts