Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife was just telling we that there is something that is killing fish...
and people are taking their boats out of the water.

Has anyone read anything?

·
Registered
12 Posts
When I was there over Memorial weekend there was a noticeable amount of dead Carp. I came across several stories on google, but none of them mentioned people removing their boats.

·
Registered
587 Posts
My buddy went up there for Memorial, and said there were tons of dead fish floating around. :mad: I wonder what's up. He said it's a parasite, but I don't know how true that is.

·
C Ya on da lake
6,991 Posts
i hate to say anything, but there have been lots of dead fish at havasu lately too... probably all the alcohol in the urin samples and prop checks.

planning on going to mohave twice this month...

·
Registered
16 Posts
My wife's not talking to me cuz I had Mexican food and therefore have been banned to the back bedroom. I'll ask her later.:)sphss

On another note, is it all that bad that the carp are dying? Thinning out the heard?

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
I bet all of the people that deal with the asian carp invasion back east, would love to have this problem.

Darrell.

·
Registered
47 Posts
My wife was just telling we that there is something that is killing fish...
and people are taking their boats out of the water.

Has anyone read anything?

friend of mine has a houseboat there,said they were trying to kill off mussells and its now killing the fish.

·
Old Skool Member
6,519 Posts
It started up in Lake Mead and it is some kind of virus but they don't know for sure. I would expect it to get to Havasu also. It is only killing Carp and they say there is no danger to the public but recommend not to touch the dead fish of course.

IMO it has nothing to do with any poison for the mussels and last week I did not notice a lot of people pulling out boats due to this. They would not be able to introduce something like that in the water without everybody knowing ahead of time. No....there is no big conspiracy!

The news has been somewhat quiet about it though. Initially they had something in the paper but I haven't seen a follow up. That seems odd to me but maybe they don't want tourists to stay away???? I tell you I wouldn't be fishing and eating anything out of there right now until they find out exactly what it is.

·
Registered
5,312 Posts
I asked my wife about it too and she said "Who the Fock are you anyway?" Of course I told here that I was her husband for 40 years and the she said "Oh, I thought you looked familiar":D Still don't know anything about the fish though...

Steve

·
Registered
201 Posts
It started up in Lake Mead and it is some kind of virus but they don't know for sure. I would expect it to get to Havasu also. It is only killing Carp and they say there is no danger to the public but recommend not to touch the dead fish of course.

IMO it has nothing to do with any poison for the mussels and last week I did not notice a lot of people pulling out boats due to this. They would not be able to introduce something like that in the water without everybody knowing ahead of time. No....there is no big conspiracy!

The news has been somewhat quiet about it though. Initially they had something in the paper but I haven't seen a follow up. That seems odd to me but maybe they don't want tourists to stay away???? I tell you I wouldn't be fishing and eating anything out of there right now until they find out exactly what it is.
Do you think it was because I pee'd by the dam when I had the swine flu???:)sphss

1 - 20 of 36 Posts