Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just spoke to some friends that are at Lake Mojave, friend said water level is very low, mud bars everywhere, and Telephone Cove is a mud pit. He heard is was cause of water being released for the farmers. Does anyone know how long it's going to be like this, and if havasu is affected too...??

P.S. Headed to the Charger / Miami game....wish my fish LUCK !!!!

Phin

·
Premium Member
3,040 Posts
Paging DILLIGAF to the white courtesy phone please.......Tom, pickup the phone! :) :)

Carl

·
Registered
478 Posts
They do it often in the Fall/Winter. Usually when they are working on the docks at one of the Marina's. I believe Lake mojave is one of the only lakes where the water level is controlled and maintained. If the water is lower it is likely for repairs and not farmers.

·
Connector Expert
142 Posts
Just spoke to some friends that are at Lake Mojave, friend said water level is very low, mud bars everywhere, and Telephone Cove is a mud pit. He heard is was cause of water being released for the farmers. Does anyone know how long it's going to be like this, and if havasu is affected too...??

P.S. Headed to the Charger / Miami game....wish my fish LUCK !!!!

Phin
My daughter and I are headed down tomorrow for the game on Sunday... I hope our LB's can stop Gates... Seems that TE's are kicking the shit out of them.. Both Atlanta and the Colts exploited that shit... Enjoy your weekend!

David

·
Registered
133 Posts
im out on lake mojave this weekend and it looks to be about 3 to 4 feet lower than usual. the normal coves are a little low but overall it is still good boating, no sandbars that i have seen.
there are a few more rocks showing along the edge but still better than setting at home !!!!!!!!:)hand

·
Old Skool Member
6,519 Posts
Haven't been out there for about a week but when I was there it looked a little low but nothing to worry about really. I know it is low when I have to tell them I need a temporary slip as I can't get to my permanent slip. I may be making a bonzai run out there this week and if I do I will take a closer look for you.

Somebody should have a link to the water levels/flows for Mohave????

·
Old Skool Member
6,519 Posts
I took my boat out the other day from my slip. If the water level drops another 5 feet I will not be able to use my slip. No biggie as they will give me a temp one. There should be a lot more beach area out on the lake. You just need to be careful around the shore lines. Stay out in the middle and all should be good. Should not be an issue but I am sure there are some areas that are not marked.

I could not go on the lake today but it was an absolutely beautiful day. Hope the wind stays away this weekend.

·
Old Skool Member
6,519 Posts
If the water drops anymore launching will be a big issue at KL. Launched yesterday and at certain points you will fall off the ramp. As you face the ramp launch on the left side. On the right side there is a drop off that may screw up your trailer :(

·
Lavey Me Alone
1,417 Posts
Damn, that's LOW...they dropped the lake something like 25' when they extended the ramp. When you're out at the usual end of the dock, you can still see yellow lines WAY down there.

I have never been on the lake when it's this low. I'm going to try to get out there next weekend and check it out. Want to see what some of my favorite hangouts look like high and dry....

The caves up in black canyon that are usually underwater should be exposed now. Might have to make a run up there and check it out.

·
1 of 3 Stoojz
70 Posts
I was on the river last weekend. Launched from Willow. As already noted, the water level is WAY down from normal, but no problem launching from Willow. Lots of exposed rock bars on the ride up to the dam. Nevertheless, last weekend may have been the single best day on the river I have ever experienced. Dead calm from the dam to Cottonwood and some of the most pristine beaches I have ever seen out there. 30 miles of glass, only saw about 10 boats all day. Shhh, keep it a secret.

·
Lavey Me Alone
1,417 Posts
I was on the river last weekend. Launched from Willow. As already noted, the water level is WAY down from normal, but no problem launching from Willow. Lots of exposed rock bars on the ride up to the dam.
You can to go to the dam on a weekend right now?

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
You can to go to the dam on a weekend right now?
I think Sunday's and Monday's are still closed to boat traffic to the damn. Open to rafters and human powered vessels two days a week from what I was told by a ranger the last time I was there.

·
Premium Member
385 Posts
From the NPS website. You need a small boat.

Between Labor Day and Friday of Memorial
Day weekend (Tuesday - Saturday)
The canyon from Willow Beach to Hoover Dam (Black Canyon) will be managed as a semi-primitive zone. PWCs remain prohibited. Boating is restricted to vessels with 65-horsepower engines or less.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts