Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
just went last saturday. wasnt to bad wind kinda picked up alittle but we hang out in the second cove on the right was just us and partied it up all day. for a day trip its cool.

·
3,246 Posts
Can you take a v-drive to piru with no mufflers? What is the speed limit if i wanted to ski?

·
Registered
274 Posts
I think it is great for a day, as long as you can get in of course.:)

we got there about 9:30 got right on with the boat. there was a line for jetskis, and seadoos though. we had a jetski in the bed of the truck and they said we couldnt launch the ski because it wouldnt be fair to the people in line. they had a kid follow us in a golf cart to make sure we didnt launch the ski. he was actually really cool he said just wait a hour come back and launch the ski.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Can you take a v-drive to piru with no mufflers? What is the speed limit if i wanted to ski?
They'll ask if you have baffles when you pay. You can say yes and hope they dont check :D

Like all the local lakes the speed limit is 35, but they're not aholes about it like Castaic. If you look unsafe they will kick you off or site you. normally just kick you off.

Piru is very small and the wind always ruins the lake mid-day, so find a cove from noon - 4 if you want to keep a flatty out there all day.

·
Lavey Me Alone
1,417 Posts
Like all the local lakes the speed limit is 35, but they're not aholes about it like Castaic. If you look unsafe they will kick you off or site you. normally just kick you off.

Been there and done that on Piru! First place I ever ran my Lavey (when it was new) and there was a group from Hot Boat there (including you right RW?). They pulled me over before the boat was completely on plane.......they wanted to remind me of the 35mph speedlimit. I asked if I was going faster than that (knowing full well I hadn't even come out of the hole).....they said, no but they just wanted to make sure I knew. I thanked them for their consideration. :)eh:) A couple hours later they booted a friend of mine off the lake.....he was ONLY doing like 85mph in the no wake zone by the dam. :rolleyes:

RTJas :D

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
The waiting in line sucks....limited boats. It gets blown out, and the floating $hit house always has $hit all over it!!!!!!

·
27 Victory 800efi
420 Posts
Go there on a weekday and there wont be any lines and fewer idiots on waverunners. Like was said, they don't enforce the speed limit and leave you alone. Good lake for a weekday trip, but I've heard nothing but bad things about weekends.

·
Colts fan & Stoker owner
8,170 Posts
Typical of all the local lakes.

Go there on a weekday and there wont be any lines and fewer idiots on waverunners. Like was said, they don't enforce the speed limit and leave you alone. Good lake for a weekday trip, but I've heard nothing but bad things about weekends.

·
Premium Member
936 Posts
Been there and done that on Piru! First place I ever ran my Lavey (when it was new) and there was a group from Hot Boat there (including you right RW?). They pulled me over before the boat was completely on plane.......they wanted to remind me of the 35mph speedlimit. I asked if I was going faster than that (knowing full well I hadn't even come out of the hole).....they said, no but they just wanted to make sure I knew. I thanked them for their consideration. :)eh:) A couple hours later they booted a friend of mine off the lake.....he was ONLY doing like 85mph in the no wake zone by the dam. :rolleyes:

Freaking Fun Police :p

·
Got Circus Midgets???
1,734 Posts

Got some pics of that:D........I also remember Mark gettin busted, one of the funniest things I've seen at the lake.:D

·
Wade & Denise
2,055 Posts
Depends on what your floating, In the Hallett is was great! In the Cobra it is to small....I would rather make the drive to Buena Vista...

·
Colts fan & Stoker owner
8,170 Posts
Havent been there in about a year. Went a few times last year with Cale and Jenn.

Depends on what your floating, In the Hallett is was great! In the Cobra it is to small....I would rather make the drive to Buena Vista...

·
Lavey Me Alone
1,417 Posts
Got some pics of that:D........I also remember Mark gettin busted, one of the funniest things I've seen at the lake.:D

LOL......good times!!! :)devil That will be 6 years ago at the end of next month. :)sphss Where's the time go??? :)hand

If I had my other computer I'd have the photo of Mark pointing at himself and looking back at the cop......as if asking...."Who Me???" :D

·
Got Circus Midgets???
1,734 Posts
LOL......good times!!! :)devil That will be 6 years ago at the end of next month. :)sphss Where's the time go??? :)hand

If I had my other computer I'd have the photo of Mark pointing at himself and looking back at the cop......as if asking...."Who Me???" :D

No Shit 6 years:)eh:), seems like yesterday.

Make sure when you find that picture you post it :D.

·
Lavey Me Alone
1,417 Posts
No Shit 6 years:)eh:), seems like yesterday.

Make sure when you find that picture you post it :D.
Yeah, 6 years and I still have the same boat, same truck, and same wife.....and Bonnie is still sitting in front of me too (as I type this)!!! :)hand ....nothin' changes.... Reality

I'll look for that photo when I get a minute.... ;)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts