Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Under yo mommas bed
1,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone been there recently? Does it have any beach? Looking to go camping this coming weekend.
TIA
jangles

·
Under yo mommas bed
1,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Crap!!! Is there a good camp ground to stay in where I can keep my boat in the water??

·
Registered
43 Posts
We were just there for Memorial Day, stayed at the Cholla campground. There's really no beach anywhere, and no real shoreline camping to speak of. A couple of people had kept there boats in the water anchored near the trail at the edge of the campground, but I can't say that I would recommend doing that.

·
Apache Lake Monger
917 Posts
I would not recomend leaving your boat in the water over night unless its in a slip at the marina. If the wind kicks up you can surf on the waves that come in. There may be some beaches in the back end of some coves/washes.

·
Under yo mommas bed
1,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I just got back and I have 2 words for it. It sucked!
The fishing sucked and the water sucked and we were camped a couple of sites down from a bunch of loud mouthed drunks and they sucked. I'm not going back until the water level is down around 85 percent and if it doesn't come down I can get that kind of boating right around the corner on Lake Pleasant.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Well I just got back and I have 2 words for it. It sucked!
The fishing sucked and the water sucked and we were camped a couple of sites down from a bunch of loud mouthed drunks and they sucked. I'm not going back until the water level is down around 85 percent and if it doesn't come down I can get that kind of boating right around the corner on Lake Pleasant.
I had friends go to the lake Friday night to fish. They wouldn't even go across the lake at night due to the waves,wind and all the crap floating on the lake. I used to have a place in Tonto Basin about 4 miles north of the lake. The camping sux's. I built windy hill and cholla campgrounds. Why would anyone go to the lake and camp a 1/4 mile from the water. The old days were much better.

·
Nuclear Powered
1,281 Posts
see my sig for lake and ramp conditions

·
Registered
374 Posts
I have not been to Sag in a long time. Where is the best place to stay near there? If I were going w/my Schiada it might be cool, but im taking the big V w/twin outboards.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts