Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Old Skool Member
6,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First of all my Clips suck and I am hoping they will just get a high pick next year.

The Lakers are in real jeporady of totally falling out of the playoff picture. If that happens can you imagine the crazy talk that will happen here on PB.

It is a real possibility:

Conf Rank
Rk Team GB
1 Hornets* -
2 Suns* -
3 Mavericks 1.5
4 Nuggets* 4.5
5 Spurs 2.5
6 Lakers 3.0
7 Warriors 5.5
8 Trail Blazers 6.0
9 Jazz 6.0
10 Rockets 7.0
11 Kings 12.5
12 Clippers 16.5
13 Grizzlies 18.5
14 SuperSonics 22.0
15 Timberwolves 23.5

·
The Grand Wizard
2,912 Posts
It is nice to dream, the Lakers will be able to sustain a playoff spot until AB gets back, then the fun starts again. It is not like they are getting destroyed without him.

·
Old Skool Member
6,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Isn't that 3 losses in a row? They are only 4 games from being in the 10 spot. 3 games from the 8th spot. Things can change quickly and yes, they are at a real risk.

The Clips need to fire Dunleavy for his conduct, hire Sam I Am as a player/coach and gear towards next year. Re-Sign Brand, trade Maggette, hope for a good recovery by Livingston and draft a good PG. I just fixed the Clips mess :)

·
The Grand Wizard
2,912 Posts
Isn't that 3 losses in a row? They are only 4 games from being in the 10 spot. 3 games from the 8th spot. Things can change quickly and yes, they are at a real risk.

The Clips need to fire Dunleavy for his conduct, hire Sam I Am as a player/coach and gear towards next year. Re-Sign Brand, trade Maggette, hope for a good recovery by Livingston and draft a good PG. I just fixed the Clips mess :)
The top 6 are all very close, you could say the same for the Nuggets, Spurs and Mavericks too.

Sam as a coach? :) He is unproven, so who knows what he could do. I am pretty sure Brand is going to test the waters, this is his opportunity to get out of one of the most losing franchises in the NBA.

·
Registered
2,048 Posts

If my math serves me....they are only 3 games out of the first spot too!

·
Registered
656 Posts
First of all my Clips suck and I am hoping they will just get a high pick next year.

The Lakers are in real jeporady of totally falling out of the playoff picture. If that happens can you imagine the crazy talk that will happen here on PB.

It is a real possibility:

Conf Rank
Rk Team GB
1 Hornets* -
2 Suns* -
3 Mavericks 1.5
4 Nuggets* 4.5
5 Spurs 2.5
6 Lakers 3.0
7 Warriors 5.5
8 Trail Blazers 6.0
9 Jazz 6.0
10 Rockets 7.0
11 Kings 12.5
12 Clippers 16.5
13 Grizzlies 18.5
14 SuperSonics 22.0
15 Timberwolves 23.5
Yep, we got issues to work out in hurry. Been close in these losses, and should have won a couple. Not losing faith, yet. It's dissappointing to have specific key injuries once again. Lakers will be alright. :D

Clippers on the other hand have severe issues. I said it when they signed Dunleavy that I thought it was a mistake. Oh well, no big deal, though as no one really ever has any expectations of the Clippers. :)grn

If my math serves me....they are only 3 games out of the first spot too!
Excellent point! You have to remember, he's a Clips fan, so the glass is always half empty for him....lol. :D:)hand

·
Registered
3,616 Posts
It is nice to dream, the Lakers will be able to sustain a playoff spot until AB gets back, then the fun starts again. It is not like they are getting destroyed without him.
Indeed.:D
They are only three games off the lead in the west and some are already dreaming that they may be out of the playoffs. It's going to be a rough few weeks without Bynum, but they will beat some weak teams and one of the weeks Bynum is missing is that waste of time of an all star week.:)
P.S. I never liked Dunlevy, as a coach, even going back to his years in Milwaukee. I was disapointed when the Lakers hired him to try to fill Pat R's shoes and I didn't think he would help the Clips much either:)sphss even if he was a better match for that organization than he was for the Lakers.;)

·
Old Skool Member
6,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If you LF's think that they are as close to first as they are to the 10 spot in a realistic manner you are delusional. Yes, math wise they are but going forward is a real challenge for them. Their momentum is on the way down NOT on the way up.

Brand got cleared to begin full basketball workouts for the Clips. I would prefer for him to just take it extra easy and not rush back at all. The season is lost and they will just damage their lottery position. I want Dunleavy to go!

and the beat goes on :)

·
The Grand Wizard
2,912 Posts
Brand got cleared to begin full basketball workouts for the Clips. I would prefer for him to just take it extra easy and not rush back at all.
I am sure his new team would appreciate him taking the season off and coming back fresh next year. :D

·
Old Skool Member
6,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I would think no team would be giving him a max contract without seeing how he preforms in a real game situation after the surgery. I believe the Clips have already said they will provide him a max contract which will be more than any other team can offer regardless. Of course if he chooses he can leave and sign for less money elsewhere. Time will tell..............

·
IDGAF
2,872 Posts
give ya bibby and artest for brand if he has an expiring contract this season
and ill throw in thomas and shariff for any junk players with expiring contracts lol

·
The Grand Wizard
2,912 Posts
I would think no team would be giving him a max contract without seeing how he preforms in a real game situation after the surgery. I believe the Clips have already said they will provide him a max contract which will be more than any other team can offer regardless. Of course if he chooses he can leave and sign for less money elsewhere. Time will tell..............
If I am Elton Brand, I am being nice the clipps right now through rehab but I am SO GONE! :) If I am taking a pay cut of $5mill or so, who cares, I have enough money, it is time to compete, not play for a team with a overpaid coach and center, point guard who wants out before he retires in 2 years and an organization who has not proven anything since the beginning of time.

I would be knocking on the neighbors door asking them how much they really want me. :):)devil I stay where I have been (LA), making millions still, playing for PJ and with KB and AB, it is like a step up. :)

·
Old Skool Member
6,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
If I am Elton Brand, I am being nice the clipps right now through rehab but I am SO GONE! :) If I am taking a pay cut of $5mill or so, who cares, I have enough money, it is time to compete, not play for a team with a overpaid coach and center, point guard who wants out before he retires in 2 years and an organization who has not proven anything since the beginning of time.

I would be knocking on the neighbors door asking them how much they really want me. :):)devil I stay where I have been (LA), making millions still, playing for PJ and with KB and AB, it is like a step up. :)

The Clips "overpaid" center is making 1M more than Kwame Brown does....lol

In reality Kaman is one of the top centers in the NBA Insane....I know it is hard for you to accept that but it is a fact at this point in time.

·
The Grand Wizard
2,912 Posts
The Clips "overpaid" center is making 1M more than Kwame Brown does....lol

In reality Kaman is one of the top centers in the NBA Insane....I know it is hard for you to accept that but it is a fact at this point in time.
If Kaman is one of the top, then Bynum is WAY at the top, cause he made Kaman think twice and pretty much controlled him.

Also, lets not talk about Kwame Brown, everyone knows how overpaid he is, but that is all coming to an end this year (his contract exprires). :) :)devil

·
Old Skool Member
6,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
If Kaman is one of the top, then Bynum is WAY at the top, cause he made Kaman think twice and pretty much controlled him.

Also, lets not talk about Kwame Brown, everyone knows how overpaid he is, but that is all coming to an end this year (his contract exprires). :) :)devil

Insane....Bynums day will come but he can get in line behind Kaman at this point. Look up the stats and see for yourself.

·
The Grand Wizard
2,912 Posts
No, I did not see that ONE game. Look at the full season that has been played to this point. No comparison
Tough to gage AB, now that he is down with injuries. But lets just say this about when they matched up...saying AB made Kaman re-think thinks is being VERY nice, basically Kaman could not put anything together and was shut down, AB however still got his.

·
The Grand Wizard
2,912 Posts
Just saw these comments that the greatest player in the league made today:

Regarding Andrew Bynum.
"He developed into the player that I prayed about having on my team for years,'' Kobe Bryant said. "It just helps out a lot having his consistent numbers. Before he got hurt, he was a consistent 20 (points) and 10 (rebounds). That's what we need. That's what I need. Now he's out of the lineup. We've got to figure out a way to kind of balance that out a little bit. Teams had a tough time matching up with the us when Bynum was in the lineup."

What a difference a year makes... :) the kid just turned 20!

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
If you LF's think that they are as close to first as they are to the 10 spot in a realistic manner you are delusional. Yes, math wise they are but going forward is a real challenge for them. Their momentum is on the way down NOT on the way up. :)
Just thought I would bump this for Tom!!!! :D:)hand

1 - 20 of 37 Posts