Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
C Ya on da lake
6,991 Posts
must be lots of upgrades on that one, seems like lots of $$$.

inner liner being a big one? yes, no?
seat bases?

where's the cooler?

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Great looking boat but 86K for a 24' 496 Mag Ho powered boat? Thats just insane! :))eek:))

especially with no cooler!:D

"entry-level" performance boat.:)st

Souldn't the sales guy in the video have an Essex shirt on now? :)

·
PB Administrator
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Man thats some dough for a 24, no thanks.
This brings up an interesting point. Not commenting on the Laser either way as I have no first had experience with them, but this sort of though process is what I believe it driving boat sizes bigger. The parts put into a boat (engine, billet, rigging and such) are what drive the cost of the boat. An extra 4' of fiberglass to make it a 28 is not a huge expense really. That makes it hard to sell a really well rigged smaller boat.

Is this just a mindset thing in the boat industry? You don't hear that in the car world ever. What if a 24 is the right length for your kind of boating? Or is there really no right length and longer is always better?

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
This brings up an interesting point. Not commenting on the Laser either way as I have no first had experience with them, but this sort of though process is what I believe it driving boat sizes bigger. The parts put into a boat (engine, billet, rigging and such) are what drive the cost of the boat. An extra 4' of fiberglass to make it a 28 is not a huge expense really. That makes it hard to sell a really well rigged smaller boat.

Is this just a mindset thing in the boat industry? You don't hear that in the car world ever. What if a 24 is the right length for your kind of boating? Or is there really no right length and longer is always better?

Well one thing to consider is the power to weight ratio. A 28 boat is not going to run the same as a 24' with the same motor so that is going to add cost. I just don't see an extra 30k in this boat. It looks like it has upgraded to auto meter and seat bases. The motor and drive appear to be a standard install 496.

On the other hand everything cost more over the last 8 years. People need to step back and get in perspective. Then again they were paying 500k for 1300 sqft house:)sphss

·
Registered
232 Posts
I Thought The Price Was Odd As Well, I Bought The 22' Laser Vision A Year Ago And I Compared All Boats Around That Size And Laser Was Much Less. I Know It Is Not One Of The Bigger Brands But It Is Made By Essex. Great People Over There, Every Thing Is Done In House.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts