Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did anybody watch it? Man it got me at the end and bummed my night. Addiction is a horrible thing and can get its grip on anybody. That poor guy had it rough as a child, came up in life and drank it all away and died.

Very Sad:(

·
Banned
4,599 Posts

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not a disease.

A disease is Lou Gehrig's, Lupis, Cancer, etc. We have no chance or choice when these will hit and debilitate you. It does not matter how healthy you are these will hit you and there is nothing you can do.

Alcohol, drugs, overeating, puking, yada yada all self indulged and all self administered......Not a disease a choice

·
Premium Member
936 Posts
Did anybody watch it? Man it got me at the end and bummed my night. Addiction is a horrible thing and can get its grip on anybody. That poor guy had it rough as a child, came up in life and drank it all away and died.

Saw it, it was pretty sad

·
Premium Member
799 Posts
They normally dont hold my attention for the full hour, but that show did. And in this case his "problem" caused the "disease" that ultimately caused his death.

·
1,095 Posts
Was it the one with Lawrence who had the tanning salons? I fell asleep and only say up to the point where they said he had cancer.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Was it the one with Lawrence who had the tanning salons? I fell asleep and only say up to the point where they said he had cancer.
Damn i couldn't watch that episode anymore. Don't tell me he died. That sucks.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah he died. In the last minute of the show where you read what happened they said he was asked to leave treatment after 30 days for not realizing his problem. Then he was sober for an additional 3 weeks and relapsed. I guess sometime this Feb. they found him dead in his home from esophogiel (Spelling) bleeding

·
1,095 Posts
Yeah he died. In the last minute of the show where you read what happened they said he was asked to leave treatment after 30 days for not realizing his problem. Then he was sober for an additional 3 weeks and relapsed. I guess sometime this Feb. they found him dead in his home from esophogiel (Spelling) bleeding
Did you see the bruising all over his body? He was already diagnosed with cirrhosis of the liver. Very sad.

·
Registered
264 Posts
WOW that sucks. :(

·
40' of Skater
915 Posts
I almost stayed up to watch that. The previews looked sad. Did you see the one before it with the shopping addict and 18 year old on meth?? I thought I had bills, the shopper had over 110k in credit cards!!!:)sphss

·
Registered
2,965 Posts

I was all happy he decided to get treatment............then BAM! Dead!

·
Banned
4,599 Posts
I was all happy he decided to get treatment............then BAM! Dead!
Let that be a lesson... quitting will kill ya!!! :D

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
Let that be a lesson... quitting will kill ya!!! :D
At the point he was at it didn't matter. The guy used to be fit and health concious, but he got hooked on GHB (weight lifting suppliment) when it was legal to buy. When they banned it he turned to alcohol to help him relax and sleep. 2-3 liters of Vodka a day.......STRAIGHT, no chaser, no mix!

·
Banned
4,599 Posts
but he got hooked on GHB (weight lifting suppliment)
So the date rape drug will yoke ya up too??? Good to know. :)devil

Sounds like a kind of boring drug to be hooked on though... You spike your own drink and pass out for the night, hopefully after you take advantage of yourself... :D :D :D

·
Registered
2,965 Posts

Sounds like a kind of boring drug to be hooked on though... You spike your own drink and pass out for the night, hopefully after you take advantage of yourself... :D :D :D
That's what they say. What they were selling was a suppliment with GHB in it in small amounts.......somewhere along the line after they banned it, someone figured out how to make large quatities.

Rohypnol (sp?) or better know as Ruphies, were actually the drug of choice for date rapers...... Don't ask me how I know that!;)

Ruphies were made haredr to get so they started using GHB. My girl was drugged on night and we got the full tox lesson.

·
Administrator
16,892 Posts

I don't need a DRD to do that LOL

I feel so dirty. I'm going to shower and go to bed. I'll feel better tomorrow.

·
Banned
4,599 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts