Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some thought Lavey K boat news would involve me and a famous driver, but that grudge match never materialized on time for many reasons. And, nobody really cared. Only RCL showed some interest but wanted a FREE belly filling meal instead! I heard He ended up with a dining reservation with a flock of MOTHS!
The REAL NEWS: George Nordlings' orange SS76, once built to go K racing can claim 'somewhat' of a victory in the Shootout, somewhat. This rare cut down 1976 trunkster crashed in 2005 with GN at the helm, then 2006 in Phoenix & 2007 in Moses Lake with new owner-driver Mikie. The last two incidents tore the left side comepletely off the low miles craft.
Here come's the news from Friday; Mikie never gave up in the little L boat where he posted second fastest lap time in Super Stock. Stick that in your ear Sharp Shooner! Running a 50 second lap, on Burleys rough wind blown wider than normal course, Paola power ROARED, then silence! This silence followed the announcement, Mike from Spokane Wa., former Outlaw Nostalgia driver was on a strong lap. Then after a brief lull, 50.56! Then,,,,,,,,much more silenc.......as if those witnesses were stunned at what they had heard and seen and waited for more validation!
Now the somewhat: Mr. Moyle met the crew way back in the rear of the pits. "You are disqualified for an illegal intake", he said.
I thought, "so what, who cares, every Lavey owner-driver-fans in the nation have been 'redeemed' in one solitary lap! Kinda like movie Dumb and Dumber, remember?
In my opinion and others present, Capsules are allowed this manifold, so should 900lb Vintage Ls, competing agains the fastest Super Stock b-boats in the World! One well known racer stated this manifold tests well on the dyno, but HE had never actually realized much benefit on the track and thought SS76 should be in the Shootout which SS80 won running away from Tony.

Mikie said, "I entered Pro-Stock expecting this, but was encouraged to try to qualify.....no problem"! I'll run Pro Stock tomarrow.

Another Nostalgia Hero in a Joey C. repaired and massaged craft had more than his day in the Sun in SS76 Georges' One More Time Around now renamed: 'Orange Crush'! (crushed a few b-boats)

Very popular Hal Jones did a lazy flip in turn 1 but they had Ray's SS501 running again shortly after his failed qualifying attempt. One of my favorites and returning 2008 Burley Champ should be in the hunt once again.

PS, Win Phillips was spotted talking to Mike just prior to his amazing lap! Sure was great meeting this Lavey Legend. Remember, Jumping Jack Flash, and Wild Hare? Hemi power? Great great guy! Rumor has it he was seen sitting in SK87 now renumbered SS26 to honor Paul and Ron Cuellar and he fits the boat and helmet! SHHHHHHhhhhhh I'm off to win Nostalgia (78.9 79.1 80.8) Hee Hee

·
Upstanding Member
12,680 Posts
Boyd, you are a fraud. This is what your thread heading should say ...

"Illegal Lavey DQ'ed"
lol...

Why do you have to be so misleading to all the readers? :)sphss

There's no Lavey K boat up there you dim wit.

We'll I better get back to installing my K engine in my Hondo so I can take it right back out and tell everyone my Hondo is an ex K boat - (spokane style). :)sphss

Have fun! :)hand

·
Registered
767 Posts
When I met Boyd, didn't you live in nor cal? ;)

lol. yep

I do have to admit, not as many nice boats out here so maybe a little "Backwoods" but I'm working on it. And I'll ALWAYS be a diehard B Boat fan

·
Registered
767 Posts
What's a "Lavey"?:D:D
:)hand:)hand Boyd;) Stay safe down there and I expect a full report (Unbiased) when you get back

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
You know JeRkStEr I have to say that after reading your post I have a coulpe of questions and or thoughts for you...

1. Is that manifold one bad mofo or is boat racing stuck in the 70's? :(:(

2. Or do you think the Lavey was just way ahead of it's time and never got the respect it deserved ? :)sphss

3. If you answered yes to question #2 are you saying the Lavey is the boat for the new millenium :)devil...Especially with you behind the wheel :)sphss

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
DorkWatchAllert

You wannabeBikiniWatcherjustsorryyoudidntcome, a little cranky cause you couldnt come join us? you HamburgermunchaManiac! And yes, that Lavey was built to be a K and is about 900Lbs bare. Mine weights 820.
YOu guys trying to get to ole jerK but really happy I still give you the time of day! Now go pick your nose at Wal Mart while buyin 1/2 price speedos....
And Jerry, you are not even worth my while to respond! Whopps, I just did:(:(

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You know JeRkStEr I have to say that after reading your post I have a coulpe of questions and or thoughts for you...

1. Is that manifold one bad mofo or is boat racing stuck in the 70's? :(:(

2. Or do you think the Lavey was just way ahead of it's time and never got the respect it deserved ? :)sphss

3. If you answered yes to question #2 are you saying the Lavey is the boat for the new millenium :)devil...Especially with you behind the wheel :)sphss

Idiot! Have Connor go back and re-read it for you. I need to go kick someone.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.