Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the 1998 laveycraft 24 for sale in power boat mag anyone know this boat 435 number must be in Utah ?

·
Lavey Me Alone
1,417 Posts
Do you have a photo of it?

Are you shopping for a '24 Lavey? Very nice boats. I personally like the 21' (22'8" over-all) or the 26' over the 24', but it's personal preference. The 24' being between them is a true in-between boat IMO. It's wider than the 21, but not as deep as the 26 - you can't stand up and drive. IF I ever traded my 21' for a larger Lavey, I'd skip to 26' for sure....and if I'm going that far, might as well go 2750! :p

So bottonline, I think you should just call Lavey and order a new 2750. :)bulb ;)

Welcome to the board!!!

RTJas :D

·
PB Member #26
956 Posts
Jas… explain why you don’t care for the 24?

<<<< Looking at a Lavey 24 (what will fit in the garage).

·
Registered
50 Posts

Are you shopping for a '24 Lavey? Very nice boats. I personally like the 21' (22'8" over-all) or the 26' over the 24', but it's personal preference. The 24' being between them is a true in-between boat IMO. It's wider than the 21, but not as deep as the 26 - you can't stand up and drive. IF I ever traded my 21' for a larger Lavey, I'd skip to 26' for sure....and if I'm going that far, might as well go 2750! :p

So bottonline, I think you should just call Lavey and order a new 2750. :)bulb ;)

Welcome to the board!!!

LOL Nice Jas, you should be mentioning you know someone who might be interested in getting rid of there 21 Lavey with a 500hp ;)

·
Lavey Me Alone
1,417 Posts
Jas… explain why you don’t care for the 24?

<<<< Looking at a Lavey 24 (what will fit in the garage).
first off.....you can't go wrong with any Lavey IMO! :)devil

The 24' is 25'2" on centerline, with an 8'2" beam. The 26' is 27' with an 8'6" beam. But the 26' is a full stand-up driver with drop-out bulsters, and the 24' is not. I feel for the same difference, I'd rather have something I can stand-up and drive. The 26' is much larger boat all the way around though. The 21' (which I have) is not a small boat either though, and so FOR ME, I don't think I'd feel like I really moved up unless I went 26' and didn't feel I was losing much by not going 24'. Though I'm sure the 10" add width would probably be noticed, I don't think the length would be.

Good Luck!

·
Lavey Me Alone
1,417 Posts
LOL Nice Jas, you should be mentioning you know someone who might be interested in getting rid of there 21 Lavey with a 500hp ;)
Oh that guy is all talk... ( Lies:) ) ...he's been saying that for years!!!

·
Registered
50 Posts

The 24' is 25'2" on centerline, with an 8'2" beam. The 26' is 27' with an 8'6" beam. But the 26' is a full stand-up driver with drop-out bulsters, and the 24' is not. I feel for the same difference, I'd rather have something I can stand-up and drive. The 26' is much larger boat all the way around though. The 21' (which I have) is not a small boat either though, and so FOR ME, I don't think I'd feel like I really moved up unless I went 26' and didn't feel I was losing much by not going 24'. Though I'm sure the 10" add width would probably be noticed, I don't think the length would be.

Good Luck!
as much as I don't like you, I have to agree 100% :D

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Welcome to the board!!!

thanks i will check out the 26 . what boat are they racing the 26 or the 2750

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
The 2750 is the race boat . The deciding factor between the 26 and 27 was the bigger mid cabin. The 27 bottom is much faster but the 26 is huge inside

·
Registered
465 Posts
the 1998 laveycraft 24 for sale in power boat mag anyone know this boat 435 number must be in Utah ?
What color is it? What engine package? I think our 1997 24' Lavey with a HP500 ended up in Utah after Nordic sold it...

It was an excellent boat by the way. We previously had a 21' Lavey and loved both boats. Had the dropout bolsters in my 24' which worked great around the docks but was not tall enough to drive standing up at speed.

·
PB Member #26
956 Posts

Good Luck!

So what your saying is get a bigger f’n garage. :)sphss

·
Lavey Me Alone
1,417 Posts
It was an excellent boat by the way. We previously had a 21' Lavey and loved both boats. Had the dropout bolsters in my 24' which worked great around the docks but was not tall enough to drive standing up at speed.

Did it really feel like you moved up to bigger boat when you got the 24'? The only 24' I've spent any amount of time in was a walk-through open bow. I feel my 21' walk-through has move floor space (dash is moved forward on the 21' openbow).

All great boats though!

·
PB Member #26
956 Posts
Jas how does your 21 er (23) do in Mojave in the basin at 3pm in the afternoon? We had a 21 at Havasu and got the sh!t kicked out of us.

The sawsall would be the easy part… it’s the water heater, softener and pool equipment that would have to move.

<<<< Should have got the Havasu house with the RV garage and not a pool. :)Pound

·
28 Powerplay - HP500
1,399 Posts
Isn't there a bit of a handling difference between the 26 and 2750? The 2750 is a fast bottom, but if I recall I've read it needs tabs and is a bit more of a drivers boat?

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Isn't there a bit of a handling difference between the 26 and 2750? The 2750 is a fast bottom, but if I recall I've read it needs tabs and is a bit more of a drivers boat?
The 26 needs tabs as well, yes the 27 takes a little more getting seat time to get used to it but once you get the hang of it it's a great boat to drive.

·
Lavey Me Alone
1,417 Posts
Jas how does your 21 er (23) do in Mojave in the basin at 3pm in the afternoon? We had a 21 at Havasu and got the sh!t kicked out of us.

The sawsall would be the easy part… it’s the water heater, softener and pool equipment that would have to move.

<<<< Should have got the Havasu house with the RV garage and not a pool. :)Pound
I have made the run back from Cottonwood to Katherines in the afternoon wind many times. I usually run it @ 45-50 and we ride over the tops or the 2-3'er. Every now and then you'll take a little hit, but it's not a bad ride. The kids (7 & 9) and wife don't mind it. There was one time just north of Cottonwood that the wind was blowing up HUGE waves. We hit the first couple at about 50 and FLEW :)hand ....I slowly came off and crawled over those, but never took one over the bow (had to adjust power on the up's and down's so as not to, but it worked out). Those were BIG waves though, I had to stand up to see what was coming over the next one.

I have been in Thompson Bay a couple times in very poor conditions as well, and I think it's a little rougher than main body Mohave because it never seems to have a direction, it's just chopped up. I'm used to Mohave though, and can fit about 2-3 of those swells under the boat once on top.

The 24' is heavier and wider, I'm sure the ride would only be better. I've had the Lavey nearly 7year now, and have adjusted my driving and trimming over the years. Because I like the ride in Lake Mohave, I have little interest in going bigger.

Another advantage to the 24' over the 21' is the wider beam gives more room on the transom for exhaust, hydraulic steering, and tabs. All three of those will not fit on a 21'.

·
28 Powerplay - HP500
1,399 Posts
The 26 needs tabs as well, yes the 27 takes a little more getting seat time to get used to it but once you get the hang of it it's a great boat to drive.
That's what I thought, and wasn't implying either was a bad ride. Lavey is one of the few West Coast V's I was looking at as I really like them. The one I really, really like is the 28 Evo, but just not real practical so I think they've only made like 2 pleasure ones.

Overall, it sounds like it's worth skipping the 24 and starting with the 26, especially in today's market making a good deal on a 26 possible.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts