Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just went on lbys website to see what they have sold and they raised the prices on there deck boats. the 09 magic deck went up to $45k Wow.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
I pick up mine today, I just got in on the old price.Theres a 09 H deck right next to the one I got that has no stereo and Its missing parts on the auto bimni ,Thats not going to be cheap.

·
Registered
660 Posts
I call a couple weeks ago work a deal on a hull, they told me they were selling well and the price was VERY firm!

·
Registered
572 Posts
Be careful if running the new H series with the hydraulic bimini top. There was one out on the lake over the weekend that snapped it right in half. Lucky noones head got taken off.
Don't run it open at speed.

Keith Sayre
Nordic Boats

·
Premium Member
3,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Be careful if running the new H series with the hydraulic bimini top. There was one out on the lake over the weekend that snapped it right in half. Lucky noones head got taken off.
Don't run it open at speed.

Keith Sayre
Nordic Boats
I think someone said that you can only go 40mph. not very fast.

·
Banned
80 Posts
Please keep in mind these guys are REMARKETERS their goal for the reciever is too make as much money as possible. Especially to cover the fees of the reciever which is always the guys that make the most when its time for these types of people.

These guys will provide no warranty on these boats no one has any idea how they were put togaether in the final days of magic. I for one would be very hesistant to touch one of these boats not knowing where they have been and who has done what to them...there are plenty of magics you can buy right now with very little hours on them that have been tested true and you can get them for about the same money as putting one of these boats together...JUST REMEBER LET THE BUYER BEWARE!

·
Premium Member
2,625 Posts
I for one would be very hesistant to touch one of these boats not knowing where they have been and who has done what to them...
No worries there, I don't think they like your terms either.
BTW, if you have any info regarding the last boats built being sub-par in anyway in comparasion to ones previously built, I'd love to here it.

U

·
0 Posts
BTW, if you have any info regarding the last boats built being sub-par in anyway in comparison to ones previously built, I'd love to here it.
I think the rest of us would too.

·
Registered
6,120 Posts
BTW, if you have any info regarding the last boats built being sub-par in anyway in comparasion to ones previously built, I'd love to here it.
I did read a post from a guy that worked for Magic as a rigger until the end was saying they were taking parts off of existing boats to fix boats. I can't remember his screen name though. He did say at the end it was getting bad.

U

·
0 Posts
I did read a post from a guy that worked for Magic as a rigger until the end was saying they were taking parts off of existing boats to fix boats. I can't remember his screen name though. He did say at the end it was getting bad.
His screen name is "Chadman" I'm pretty sure

·
Premium Member
2,625 Posts
I have not a doubt that robbing Peter to pay Paul might have happened but that's just missing parts, not bad construction.

·
Registered
6,120 Posts
Quote From Chadman (Magic Rigger)

When I was at Magic we were rigging the majority of boats to be a stage 3. Thats a full rig minus motor, drive, and gimbal. About a year ago we stopped putting stereos in because we had some theft problems and it saved money on the build. Towards the end some of the boats were missing miscellaneous things due to not having the parts or customer boats needing things. (it got pretty bad) As far as selling, some of the last boats we built for customers left for between 65k and 70k. So as far as im concerned if you can buy one for that now, its not really a deal. Especially with no warranty. Just my opinion though. On the other hand, to be in a brand new, 28' boat now adays for that much isnt bad.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I have not a doubt that robbing Peter to pay Paul might have happened but that's just missing parts, not bad construction.
I'd assume that youv'e never been in a factory that knows the end is near. Not saying this happened at Magic, but I have witnessed blatant acts of sabotage at places that knew their days were numbered.

I would look these over with a fine tooth comb before I plopped down that much cashola for non-warrantied hulls & rigging. If you dont know anything about fiberglass or rigging, bring someone who does. It would be $$$ well spent if you ask me.

·
Banned
80 Posts
Like I said in an earlier post LET THE BUYER BEWARE thats all im willing to say......check it out before you hand over your cash getting a refund is gonna be tough....

·
Premium Member
2,625 Posts
I'd assume that youv'e never been in a factory that knows the end is near. Not saying this happened at Magic, but I have witnessed blatant acts of sabotage at places that knew their days were numbered.

I would look these over with a fine tooth comb before I plopped down that much cashola for non-warrantied hulls & rigging. If you dont know anything about fiberglass or rigging, bring someone who does. It would be $$$ well spent if you ask me.
That would be a really bad assumuption. I was with Sleek Craft before it started, Nescher Boats, and certainly there when he, Bruce, "sold" it.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts