1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How would you pronounce this child's name:

"Le-a"

Leah?No
Lee - A? Nope
Lay - a? No
Lei? Guess Again.

This child attends a school in Detroit, MI . Her mother is irate because everyone is getting her name wrong. It's pronounced "Ledasha".
When the Mother was asked about the pronunciation of the name, she said, "the dash don't be silent."

So, if you see something come across your desk like this, please remember to pronounce the dash.
If they axe you why, tell them the dash don't be silent.

·
Registered
3,476 Posts

"Le-a"

Leah?No
Lee - A? Nope
Lay - a? No
Lei? Guess Again.

This child attends a school in Detroit, MI . Her mother is irate because everyone is getting her name wrong. It's pronounced "Ledasha".
When the Mother was asked about the pronunciation of the name, she said, "the dash don't be silent."

So, if you see something come across your desk like this, please remember to pronounce the dash.

Amazing!!!

·
Colts fan & Stoker owner
7,834 Posts
Stupid people. If didnt want people to mispronounce it than should have spelled it exactly like you wanted it.

·
The Man
1,731 Posts
I see it everyday here in Shreveport LA..Indeed VERY SAD.. This is the only down fall of living here...
Yea, I tend to stay out of S'port. If anything we just go over to the boardwalk shopping. Most of that place is g-h-e-t-t-o these days. I've heard about stupid people giving their kids names like that...and I'm sure they'll say it's racist when nobody can figure out wtf the name is.

·
Living in a cage of fear
16,524 Posts
G

·

"Le-a"

Leah?No
Lee - A? Nope
Lay - a? No
Lei? Guess Again.

That's f'n hilarious :D

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.