Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's one for you bravo 1 experts... I had the drive rebuilt 15 hrs ago..been to the lake 4 times....I get an alarm and see the drive bottle is getting low...I top it off...(after 3 hours running it).. figure drive maybe burped some air,,no biggie..then I find oil/gear lube in transom...start at drive bottle and follow the line down..bottle was low again..thought the drive reservoir was leaking ..it checks out fine...so yesterday I clean out bilge every thing is nice and clean, drive is up ready for our trip...get into boat to load up and check the bilge..gear lube in bilge..transom assemble has a pool of lube at the base of where assembly comes thru the boat...so I chase the the line going to the drive from reservoir..it's clean...where is this thing leaking back from??

·
Premium Member
167 Posts
I had the same exact problem with one of my boats. The oil resivoir was leaking but after I fixed it I still got oil in the bilge. I pulled the drive to check it and out came a flood of oil. It was the front seal on the drive. The oil was leaking past the gimbal bearing and the belows had a lot of oil in it. The drive is at the shop right now.

·
Premium Member
107 Posts
If they cleaned the oil resivoir, they pull the plug out at the gimbal it's plastic and it will leak right there. It's black with a gray button push the gray button and pull it back and look at it. It has a o ring there as well check to see if it's good.

Worked for me, good luck.;)

·
Premium Member
2,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the replies everyone..we're headed to Havi soon..I'm pulling the drive when we get there to get checked out by the shop..i'll clean the mess out of gimble and check out some of the items that you have suggested!...see ya in havi...Eddie/Unforgiven...

·
The Insurance Guy
1,922 Posts
bite me...you can always come to havi..we have room in the house...but only if you bring enough PATRON
Don't think I'll be doing havi anytime soon unfortunately....Tina had an MRI on Tues. from the shoulder dislocating incident at Naci and it turns out she tore a ligament.

·
custom boat lover
498 Posts
If they cleaned the oil resivoir, they pull the plug out at the gimbal it's plastic and it will leak right there. It's black with a gray button push the gray button and pull it back and look at it. It has a o ring there as well check to see if it's good.

Worked for me, good luck.;)
Could be this line it brakes easy. Why was your drive rebuilt 15 hours ago? was it low on oil? follow the oil bottle hose all the way down in to the transom assy under and just passed the main inlet water line with a flash light and look at the end of the hose to see if it looks broken at all and look to see if you have oil in that area. Good luck with it, And Have a good trip.:)

·
Premium Member
2,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Could be this line it brakes easy. Why was your drive rebuilt 15 hours ago? was it low on oil? follow the oil bottle hose all the way down in to the transom assy under and just passed the main inlet water line with a flash light and look at the end of the hose to see if it looks broken at all and look to see if you have oil in that area. Good luck with it, And Have a good trip.:)
drive was rebuilt after some very fun intense boating.hitting a submerged rock didn't help..we have 15 hrs on it since rebuild..took it back to the shop..they took care of it and we also got some Patron drinking in with the guys..everything is working great except we went thru 3 bottle of Patron in 2 days..Mead, were still here for another 2 weeks..your wife and son can hang in the air conditioned house while we go out and run the boat...everyone, thanks for you input on this..

·
Premium Member
2,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
2 more weeks?? Can your liver handle that?
no problem..when went over James;s house (safa 1) and hung out...between him and Shadow, they tried to drown me in Patron..but I survived...the jellow shots were good too...the girls hung out with pasties on, and today..well you know how Shannon likes to lay out

·
The Insurance Guy
1,922 Posts
no problem..when went over James;s house (safa 1) and hung out...between him and Shadow, they tried to drown me in Patron..but I survived...the jellow shots were good too...the girls hung out with pasties on, and today..well you know how Shannon likes to lay out
goddamit...and uh, why does she even bother with the pasties?

Good news is I finally got my fuel pressure guage finshed and subsequently fixed the idling problem. Pressure was adjusted way too high and the motor was drowning in fuel at idle. A few turns on the regulator and she idles great now! Through trial and error I am slowly figuring out all this mechanical stuff on my own....by the time you get back I won't need you anymore! :D

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Sorry we had to cut out quickly Sat night,we had a ride and if we didn't jump on it it could have been hrs for a cab.See you this weekend on the water if not before.
Always a pleasure when you guys come to town.

·
Premium Member
2,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Sorry we had to cut out quickly Sat night,we had a ride and if we didn't jump on it it could have been hrs for a cab.See you this weekend on the water if not before.
Always a pleasure when you guys come to town.
it was great seeing you guys again..why is it I'm always drink more when I'm around you? you going to the shop later on today? let me know...Eddie

1 - 17 of 17 Posts