900 obo
no pm please

contact Jerry francis 925-689-4122 home
925-250-0597 cell
e/mail - [email protected]

·
Highaboosta
3,431 Posts
OK I don't know anything about Lenco's so humor me.
The Lenco I saw on Amato's hydro yesterday had to be manually reset after shifting it from low to high everytime.
Are they all this way or can they be air shifted from high to low and back ?
Are these only for racing or how would they hold up to hours of use ?

·
Hard Core Member
406 Posts
All modern lencos use an air servo for shifting. No air is low gear. The servo drives a wedge downward and locks up the clutch pack for high gear / direct drive. Let the air off and it shifts back to low gear. I used to shift mine up and down all the time. There is no reason you couldn't run one all day long in a lake boat although there is no oil cooling. I doubt that it would get that hot in high gear. Or you could rig a pump to circulate fluid through a cooler. A Turbo 400 or Powerglide would be a better choice to have reverse and an oil pump.

·
Amber Racing Services
4,339 Posts
Jerry, did you call Scott @ Lenco and let him know you had it for sale? He would know of people looking for used/extras I would think.

Great price btw ...

also call Shelfo, he might have a line on someone

BB

·
Premium Member
494 Posts
OK I don't know anything about Lenco's so humor me.
The Lenco I saw on Amato's hydro yesterday had to be manually reset after shifting it from low to high everytime.
Are they all this way or can they be air shifted from high to low and back ?
Are these only for racing or how would they hold up to hours of use ?

Most of the Drag boat racers use the manual air release and this is to help from down shifting mid run. They also have a system that runs a air release to the steering wheel or capsule as well as the servo release. They also have the in and out version that would allow shifting from low to high but thats not really what a lenco was designed to do.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts