Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
709 Posts
This is for a boat? manual operated or air actuated? pictures and model number?

Anyone can pedal a bicycle, can you pedal a flat?????

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
I have a Lenco clutch with in/out comes with Lenco chevy bell housing, yokes, and driveline guard with custom machined billet ends... I really dont know what its worth, but know what they cost... make an offer...
Pic's ? can you put it into a flat ?????? Would be nice for no wake area's if it's compact enough .

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Is it the earlier 8 disc piece (or 11...don't remember) or the later 15 or 16 disc big diameter piece? Makes a big difference on the offer.
Wags

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Is it the earlier 8 disc piece (or 11...don't remember) or the later 15 or 16 disc big diameter piece? Makes a big difference on the offer.
Wags
not sure... heres some pics...

Attachments

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
That is what is called a safe drive. (duh, on case) It was way before my time, but I believe it is a clutch with some sort of whirl a way in it..sprag maybe, so if the prop locked up...well, you know the rest.
Some others can tell you.
Wags

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Pm sent, so whats the deal, is it still available ????
Sorry, Ive been moving so only have internet at work... Ill have to see for sure, but I believe its all there, bell housing, yokes, etc...

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
heres some more pics, it bolts directly to the bellhousing, comes with PTO hub, flex plate, bell housing, front and rear 1350 yokes, and a custom made billet driveline tube and ends.... heres a pic of the Champion V-drive box in case anyones interested in that as well...

Attachments

·
"It's HONDO, honey"
1,724 Posts
Pic's ? can you put it into a flat ?????? Would be nice for no wake area's if it's compact enough .
Remember violator its a clutch, just an in gear or out of gear. The safe drive was basically to my knowledge a nuetral drop design. Meaning in its time you'd have the all the trans (series of CS1) all in low and get some rpm up, watch the lights and pull of the "safe drive" handle and away you go. After your at the end of the track turnin the engine to the moon and you lift on the gas, or have to backpeddle a car, the suddle drop in rpm doesnt try to pitch ya sideways. Guy that had it in the howard was probably his answer to a whirl away at the time. It is a sprag type design but it has clutchs too. Lot of history in that piece those are fairly old but perform a task. Seems to me this was hooked to the champion v-drive at one time. Good luck

so "Safe-drive" aka whirl-away, but with slip in the disc initially :)hand

1 - 20 of 25 Posts