Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
fish eyes.jpg
That my surface was clean enough...guess not. FYI...sealer is rock hard and a pain to sand off!

·
Administrator
16,873 Posts
Hmm.... I usually try and avoid sharing dumbass stories. :shock: :p

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just as well make my PB buds, laugh and call me a dumbass too. LOL. At least I didnt tell the story of when I .... LOL

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
reprime.jpg

Good news is she is pretty in primer again...but primer is $100/gallon and I used over half on the bottom..as of now! I love Jet Boats!

·
Canoe Jockey
1,130 Posts
Well a post showing stuff like that can be helpful to a newbie. Not only to set yourself up to the harassment, but to help someone out. The most important aspect that I noticed was that you stopped once you noticed things weren't right. Just think if you kept laying finish down thinking it would cover over...now that would be a funny nasty mess.

·
Administrator
16,873 Posts
That's odd for this forum. supportive constructive positive. lol

·
Registered
441 Posts
Many of us make mistakes, I try to follow rather than lead as my budget, or lack of one, lets me see how the others forge thru different issues. The old Hot boat forum was fantastic. I sure learned alot engine building,Info, and jet drive, v-drive etc. Your post is helpful.

·
Administrator
11,646 Posts

·
Ain't Right Racin
1,706 Posts

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i was in a hurry and wiped the entire boat off with degreaser with ONE rag...and another hint...it was a RED rag....I had the intentions of wiping it off again...but started mixing sealer and next thing I know ..... :bangmyhead:,

Really put my first coat on too thick...

But she is nice and ready for paint tonight, or may spend my valentines day with my valentine..the boat.. and spray it then...LOL

·
Registered
136 Posts
Dont feel bad, done a lot of stupid paint mistakes myself. Was painting a friends boat and somehow on the final washdown before we put in the Makeshift booth someone(not saying who) used Carwash soap instead of regular dawn type of soap to wash it. The Carwash soap had a wax additive of somesort in it, OPPS. Fish eyed all over the place even with a Wax and grease remover.
:dumb_ass:

·
Registered
5,717 Posts
What grit was the surface prepped to before you applied the sealer? what brand sealer did you use (Part # please?) also if you used a home compressor, you might want to look into a drier and/or water catch....sealer can be a bitch considering its used as a bridge between a blocked surface and the finish coating (Or base/clear coat application) only time I have personally seen this happen is when the surface was not cleaned or not prepped (Sanded) properly. just my .02
hope everything has worked out for the better for you today...Happy Valentines day! Muah:shhh:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts