Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Lavey Me Alone
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got this in an email....and I don't know which it is for sure, but I have a strong opinion....

You decided....(I left them captioned as the email came)....

Look at the picture above and you can see where this guy broke through the guardrail, right side where the
people are standing on the road (pointing). The pick-up was traveling from right to left when it crashed through
the guardrail, flipped end-over-end, across the culvert outlet,and landed right side up on the left side of the culvert,
facing the opposite direction from which he was traveling.

Now look at the 2ND picture below...

If this guy didn't believe in God before, do you suppose he believes now?
Life is short! Forgive quickly!
Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably

I'm going with Photochopped....but knowing how to use photoshop like I do has caused me to think everything is photochopped..... ;)

RTJas :D

Attachments

·
Ultra 27 Shadow
1,870 Posts
It is real. You can see where he impacted the guardrail, but it looks like he slid along the rail and then off the other side. You can see there is damgae to the lip of the rail and another post damaged.

·
Lavey Me Alone
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It is real. You can see where he impacted the guardrail, but it looks like he slid along the rail and then off the other side. You can see there is damgae to the lip of the rail and another post damaged.
Oh, sorry....I'm sure the accident is real, and happened like it says....it's the giant drop in the second photo I think was added. Maybe not though.....could be the luckiest SOB since OJ was acquitted. :D

·
28 Powerplay - HP500
1,399 Posts
I would expect the medics to be tied off if that was real.

They seem pretty non-chalant hanging on that edge between an unstable truck and questionable footing.

·
Premium Member
870 Posts
I feel like it's one of those bar room games where you look at the two pictures and find the differences........ and there's too many to be real.

FAKE

·
28 Powerplay - HP500
1,399 Posts
Everyone realizes those pics could be taken at different times right? They're clearly at different angles and one is not supposed to be a "zoom" of the other.

Even the worse of fakers would be able to "avoid" the obvious differences, like people in one pic not another, etc.:)sphss

·
Lavey Me Alone
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Everyone realizes those pics could be taken at different times right? They're clearly at different angles and one is not supposed to be a "zoom" of the other.

For sure! Two photos were taken.

I was looking at the distance from the fence to the truck in the first and comparing it to the second angle. I'm not photography expert, but I know some lenses flatten out distances like that, which could be what's happening.

RTJas :D

·
Damage Inc
433 Posts
Everything in the pics line up with Google Earth.
The roadway, the home in the background, the locations the pics were taken.
The ele shows roadway at 3485', the arroyo bottom at 3320', so that is a drop.

I cannot imagine being between that truck and the cliff edge...

·
28 Powerplay - HP500
1,399 Posts
Everything in the pics line up with Google Earth.
The roadway, the home in the background, the locations the pics were taken.
The ele shows roadway at 3485', the arroyo bottom at 3320', so that is a drop.

I cannot imagine being between that truck and the cliff edge...
What??

Why bring real logic and homework into this, when speculation is so much easier and fun?:D

·
Registered
498 Posts
Real. That PCC guardrail would have launched the truck a long way.

Two blocks from my house some punk in mom's jag at 60MPH missed a turn hit a regular 6" curb and cleared a 3' high shrub, about 7' away from the curb, on his way to the backyard pool.:D

·
Dazed and Transfused
2,308 Posts
It's real, I've seen a whole bunch of different pics from that accident

·
Displaced Azian
783 Posts
That area does exist.. We've been on it more times than I care to count. If you drive from St George, UT to Lake Powell, you go right past this spot climbing out of Hurricane, UT.

·
79 Sanger Picklefork
857 Posts
Real or Not

You might all be surprised..

Attachments

1 - 20 of 24 Posts