Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im getting ready to put a bbc in place of a olds so everything has to be different , and im a little curious about some of the rigging you guys do , such as the alt. on a rail kit and fuel pumps , wiring plumbing etc. thank you in advance

·
jetboataholic
2,798 Posts
Not a rail system or an electric fuel pump, right now, but it is a BBC. Just wanted to post them up somewhere. So, here's my rigging. It's in an unfinished state right now. Not running the damn Mallory Unilite distributor shown in the picture, thing was a Piece-O-Shit! Brand new out of the box it didn't even work!:mad: Was getting power into it, but it wasn't putting anything out of it. $350 waste of time! Now I'm running the standard Mallory marine points style. Hope this helps some. Not an all out race setup, but it should be a good ride.

Glad to see your goin' with the Chevy!:)devil

Attachments

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thats a good looking lake boat , that is what im building also i just seem to have gone a little overboard with some of the parts like the rail kit , and a bunch of other stuff but thats how it goes i guess , just a hole in the water to through money into

·
jetboataholic
2,798 Posts
thats a good looking lake boat , that is what im building also i just seem to have gone a little overboard with some of the parts like the rail kit , and a bunch of other stuff but thats how it goes i guess , just a hole in the water to through money into

Thanks!:)

Damn right! They soak up money like a sponge!:D What motor are you putting in? 454?

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i built a 496 alumimium head roller with 13-1 comp. like i said i may have gone a little over board on a couple things lol but it should still be a good lake boat i will just have to run race gas lol

·
jetboataholic
2,798 Posts
i built a 496 alumimium head roller with 13-1 comp. like i said i may have gone a little over board on a couple things lol but it should still be a good lake boat i will just have to run race gas lol

That should tear across the lake just fine!:D Makes mine sound like a jet ski.:D That blue chunk of lead in mine is just a tiny 427 dump truck block, cleaned up to look like it belongs in the boat. Will be happy if I get 300 hp out of the thing and 4300 RPM. Trying to save up my pennies to slam a fuel injected 502 in it, someday. That will really make it scream. Sounds like your on the right track. You're better off than me.

·
Registered
5,717 Posts
I dont buy that shit for one minute Ross!:|err
as much time as you've taken on your boat this past three or four years however long its been, ive seen you and how anal you are about the cleanliness of your vessell, you aint fa fa fa fa fooolin me!:)devil
Im ontaya SON!

·
jetboataholic
2,798 Posts
My rigging sucks. I'm to embarrassed to post it.

Let's see some pics. If it runs then it don't suck. My big blue ornery bitch didn't even do that!:(((((( So my riggin' sucks.:((((((

·
I'm No Expert
3,139 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
there is some really nice work out there i am hopeing see some good ways of hiding my electircal , im planing on mounting my msd and coil on the back of the heads off of some brackets , i would really like to see some plumbing too , but i love what i see so far

·
Registered
269 Posts
I made a bracket to mount my coil on the back of the left side head.The spacers behind it are tig welded to the plate. This allows me to counter bore the holes for socket head cap screws. Sorry no rail pics cause I do not have a rail kit.
T.J.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I made a bracket to mount my coil on the back of the left side head.The spacers behind it are tig welded to the plate. This allows me to counter bore the holes for socket head cap screws. Sorry no rail pics cause I do not have a rail kit.
T.J.

nice job man that looks good i need a tig welder

·
jetboataholic
2,798 Posts
That's where I mounted mine too. But I put my coil on the right side and my box on the left side. Didn't do anything fancy. You could just cut around the plugs like I did, instead of mounting them on spacers. Works just as well, but not as clean looking. No need for an expensive welder, though.

That's a real clean setup. I think I'll do mine like that next time around.:)bulb With a few modifications, of course. Don't want to steal your rig. I already have the welder to do it with too.

1 - 20 of 86 Posts