Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats everyone running for Rhino Tires?

I'm not doing a lift, just looking for more ground clearance.

R

·
0 Posts
I have a set of tires and rims for sale. 26" somethings...damned if I can remember the name right now :)sphss

·
Registered
362 Posts
I'm using Maxxis Bighorns:25"x10" on 12" rims on all 4 corners. I carry a spare with the same rim-tire as well, which comes in handy once inna while. I have dinged and danged the bottom too many times to count (broke plastic skids, run aluminim ones now). I stick to the stock tire size... as I doubt that the extra 1/2" of ground clearance that 26" or the 1" that even 27" tires offer would've made much difference in hitting most of the rocks, but it sure would rob performance and rub like hell on my rear fenders. (I run without a lift, which makes it too tipsy IMO)

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
oh and for that matter what about skid plates?... I had an "incident"... need skid plates :D

thanks

·
Hub Cap Annie & Wheel
1,926 Posts
BFG A.T. KO 27x8.50x14, great for hard pack, so so in the sand, squeak on the asphalt/concrete. Too bad Michelin will only distribute them to race teams. I like them and the ride and wear is second to none.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I run 26' Maxxis Bighorns on my Teryx. They are great for on road and off. Im still pretty careful about what kind of stuff I run over though.

R

·
0 Posts
What offset are they? Are they the same front and rear? Or different?
Hell if I know :D

Pretty sure they're deeper in the rear and the offset is toward the inside, so they give you a pretty wide foot print. I want to say 26X11X14 & 26X9X14.

Come take them away please.

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
The ATV/SXS tire is 30% of the vehicles suspension. If you go to BFG or Toyo A/T type tires don't plan on too much off roading.

I saw Greenball is now making ATV tires. They looked pretty nice at Discount tire. If they are as good as the GB trailer tires that could be a nice tire.

Both my Rhinos had ITP terracross and they seemed to go flat pretty easy. Plugs and a pump always on board. ;)

·
32 DW X-CAT
2,271 Posts
Comment:

I run 27x12x12 on the back and 27x10x12 on the front ITP Mudlites. I use the Rhino mostly in hardpack type conditions the tire is a 6ply design and resists punctures and cactus real good.

The clearance obtained is invaluable when hitting washes with lots of rocks. In most instances I can drive right over obstacle without hitting and if I do---so what! I have 1/4inch aircraft aluminum skid plates covering the entire bottom of the Rhino and wheel wells.

Engine wise I run a KMS clutch sheave, RAIS intake and KN filter the rest is stock. The beast does 48MPH and almost 52MPH in the winter.

Skid plates are made by JStrong company see attached photos from back in the day early 05---still have it just different cage.

This is an old picture but the skids work great you slid over the rocks and it keeps all the brush out of the undercarriage:D. I use it to hunt with mostly and get into some nice fishing ponds.

This reminds me to bring the camera along on the next ride.

KAP

P.S. I have approximately 4,000miles on my Rhino and I am very happy with this set-up. For the desert on the south end of Havasu this would be perfect--- and you can ride with confidence:).

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
27 X 14 general grabbers no more flats and they work great.Some people say they suck power,Try and push a rhino with stock or after market atv tire and then push someones rhino with Gen/Toy/BFGs and see how much easier it is .

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
The ATV/SXS tire is 30% of the vehicles suspension. If you go to BFG or Toyo A/T type tires don't plan on too much off roading.

I saw Greenball is now making ATV tires. They looked pretty nice at Discount tire. If they are as good as the GB trailer tires that could be a nice tire.

Both my Rhinos had ITP terracross and they seemed to go flat pretty easy. Plugs and a pump always on board. ;)
Ive got allmost a 1000 miles on my Generals all off road

·
Red Blooded American
15,853 Posts
Well, if you use your Ranger to tow a dragster or funny car plus the crew to the lanes and then around the neighborhood the rest of the time, these Mickey Thompsons work out well and get lots of compliments, we have found.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts