Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just asking if anyone owns their 50" or even the 60" plasma's?

My local Mom and Pop TV shop (been around 40+ years) is now only carrying LG Plasma and LCD TV's. Back in the day they were all about Zenith.

The owner feels the LG plasma will be a very good long lasting TV. He tells me LG is one of the few that offer him live tech support for the repairs if needed.

LG makes a good cell phone, years ago I was told to stay away from their refrigerators, hard to get parts. Their window AC unit had a lot to be desired, ice cold but very noisy...LG bought it back. :))THumbsUp

60" plasma $3,200

·
Next to this Hottie.
2,234 Posts
Just asking if anyone owns their 50" or even the 60" plasma's?

My local Mom and Pop TV shop (been around 40+ years) is now only carrying LG Plasma and LCD TV's. Back in the day they were all about Zenith.

The owner feels the LG plasma will be a very good long lasting TV. He tells me LG is one of the few that offer him live tech support for the repairs if needed.

LG makes a good cell phone, years ago I was told to stay away from their refrigerators, hard to get parts. Their window AC unit had a lot to be desired, ice cold but very noisy...LG bought it back. :))THumbsUp

60" plasma $3,200
LG is right above Philips and below Samsung, for that price, I would look at the 58" Panasonics. And if you can raise your budget a little, I would really look into the 60" Pioneer (Kuro) Pure line.

Call this number 888-897-9877 and ask for Roman, I know he can do a Panny 58" THX plasma for 2900.00 shipped, might as well ask him about the Pio 6020 as well.

·
Premium Member
5,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
LG is right above Philips and below Samsung, for that price, I would look at the 58" Panasonics. And if you can raise your budget a little, I would really look into the 60" Pioneer (Kuro) Pure line.

Call this number 888-897-9877 and ask for Roman, I know he can do a Panny 58" THX plasma for 2900.00 shipped, might as well ask him about the Pio 6020 as well.
I was hoping you were on deck, and thanks for the info...:))THumbsUp

No large LCD's for me...fast movement/action seems to have too much ghost trailing :))ThumbsDwn

·
Premium Member
5,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You would definitely like the Panny or Pio then. Tell Roman Juan sent you and that I said hi.
Is this Panny 58" THX plasma a current modle and where does it fall in on the high/low end scale of Panny's?

·
Premium Member
554 Posts
I would stay away from their Plasmas. we went through 3 of them in a year and finally they told us to pound sand. the TV still works but it has a yellow discoloring along the bottom. It has taken up permanent residency at the river house. Had a set of their washer and dryers and yet another POS. And dont get me started on their refrigerators. They should have stayed with cell phones. I have been told by many people who sell their products to stay away.

·
R.I.P. Dakota
255 Posts
Anybody know what a Pioneer 60" plasma would cost?
Just checked the Costco link and it was $3800. Is that a good deal?

·
Next to this Hottie.
2,234 Posts
I would stay away from their Plasmas. we went through 3 of them in a year and finally they told us to pound sand. the TV still works but it has a yellow discoloring along the bottom. It has taken up permanent residency at the river house. Had a set of their washer and dryers and yet another POS. And dont get me started on their refrigerators. They should have stayed with cell phones. I have been told by many people who sell their products to stay away.

Remember the Goldstar name brand? Well, that is LG.

·
It's good to be alive
1,526 Posts
50" LC plasma in MB. 2 1/2 years old, never adjusted, never a problem, beautiful picture.

JYRUIZ, don't forget about me!!!!

·
Registered
246 Posts
Picked up a 720p 52" Panasonic Plasma @ Best Buy for $799. It has an awesome picture. Like looking thru a window. Not sure if they are still on sale, but definetly worth looking.

I was told that the Plasmas will last approx 3700 hours. Not sure if this is true of BS, but for $799 cant go wrong for the $$$

1 - 20 of 23 Posts