1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Red Blooded American
15,853 Posts
First off, what woman would call a stay at home mother someone who has never worked a day in her life?
Really?

and . . .
If not working a day in her life at a real job disqualifies her why would she stand behind the Kenyan with her vote?

·
Premium Member
4,020 Posts
Fair points, gents. And yet there might be a lesson there for Romney. He talks to his wife, a rich white woman who has never dealt with workplace harassment, maternity leave, etc. Romney ought be able to say, "I talked to a divorced mother of 3, who's lost her house and her job, and she told me..........."

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
Shoulda known....Another fat, ugly lesbian with a big mouth representing the Democrat Party...You libs should be so proud.

·
1,512 Posts
You Betcha! Ann Romney hiring all those maids and nannies over the years was a lot of work.......:lmao1:
So your saying she's a job creator like all those terrible corporations that are out to screw you. Good for her. Her kids appear to be pretty normal.

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
You Betcha! Ann Romney hiring all those maids and nannies over the years was a lot of work.......:lmao1:
The woman has multiple sclerosis. What do you want?

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
According to Romney's eldest son, they never had a maid or a nanny. His mother was the household cook, housekeeper, grocery shopper and taxi driver to all the kids sports and school activities. Also, if being married to a very successful capitol investment financier doesn't give you any insight into finance, would someone explain to me why Michael Obama has anything to say about what me or my kids should eat? I didn't see nutritionist or MD or Chef or even personal trainer in her or Barry's resume.

·
Registered
6,917 Posts
I was being funny Geez ???

The woman has multiple sclerosis. What do you want?
Nothing against Ann Romney she seems like a nice lady. I don't know how long she has been afflicted. But poor and middle class mothers have these types of problems too. Obviously a much more difficult situation for them than for a multi-millionaire's wife.
So when hypocritics like Romney and the wealthy rightie congressmen come out against easily afforable and no pre-existing conditions exemption health care when they have the best health care tax money or their own money can buy .....people are put off by it.

Do you OR did you ever have a wife AND/OR children???

Yeah, a couple of each :duh:

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Fair points, gents. And yet there might be a lesson there for Romney. He talks to his wife, a rich white woman who has never dealt with workplace harassment, maternity leave, etc. Romney ought be able to say,
"I talked to a divorced mother of 3, who's lost her house and her job, and she told me..........."
The problem I have with this is every time any President or candidate starts this "I talked to Joe the plumber" routine I turn off. I find it disingenuous if not a blatant lie. It's usually a strawman prop for what ever point they're trying to sell. At least we know it's probably true he talks to his wife.

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
I was being funny Geez ???

Nothing against Ann Romney she seems like a nice lady. I don't know how long she has been afflicted. But poor and middle class mothers have these types of problems too. Obviously a much more difficult situation for them than for a multi-millionaire's wife.
So when hypocritics like Romney and the wealthy rightie congressmen come out against
easily afforable and no pre-existing conditions exemption health care when they have the best health care tax money or their own money can buy .....people are put off by it.

Yeah, a couple of each :duh:
Could you post a link or show an example of this affordable health care? We are paying $14,000.00 a year for a family of 4 for an HMO that is mediocre at best.

·
Registered
8,347 Posts
The problem I have with this is every time any President or candidate starts this "I talked to Joe the plumber" routine I turn off. I find it disingenuous if not a blatant lie. It's usually a strawman prop for what ever point they're trying to sell. At least we know it's probably true he talks to his wife.
I think engaging and listening to the voters is what matters. Women in swing states will supposedly decide the election. Romney can't take women lightly and has to be able to prove he can relate to where they are coming from and why he is the man for the job. He has to make the connection with women.

Joe the plumber has gone on to win the Republican nomination in the upcoming house election in Ohio. The down side of anything such as Joe the plumber is the liberal media, imo.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
I think engaging and listening to the voters is what matters. Women in swing states will supposedly decide the election. Romney can't take women lightly and has to be able to prove he can relate to where they are coming from and why he is the man for the job. He has to make the connection with women.

Joe the plumber has gone on to win the Republican nomination in the upcoming house election in Ohio. The down side of anything such as Joe the plumber is the liberal media, imo.

I agree, I actually erased a few sentences trying to explain that this is what his wife is helping him do on the campaign trail. They are both talking to people, as they should be. Maybe I'm just not convinced when politicians use people as props for their benefit. I find it a slippery slope personally, maybe because Obama starts every speech with "Some people say..." But I agree, Romney needs to connect better,

·
Registered
8,347 Posts
I agree, I actually erased a few sentences trying to explain that this is what his wife is helping him do on the campaign trail. They are both talking to people, as they should be. Maybe I'm just not convinced when politicians use people as props for their benefit. I find it a slippery slope personally, maybe because Obama starts every speech with "Some people say..." But I agree, Romney needs to connect better,
The difference for me will be if it's genuine or not. I agree with you on the use of people as props.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
Could you post a link or show an example of this affordable health care? We are paying $14,000.00 a year for a family of 4 for an HMO that is mediocre at best.

Just renewed our group insurance. $608 average per employee. That's for just employee coverage. I pay 100% of employee premium. $7,296 for one person per year.

Most people don't realize their "pay" is only 70% of their compensation. US average compensation package is 30% benefits.

7.7% SS/FICA/UI

8.8% Insurance

2.5% Supplemental pay (bonuses, overtime etc.)

4.5% Retirement

6.9% Paid Time Off (average is 25 days off per year, 15 vacation 10 holiday)

·
Registered
6,917 Posts
Just renewed our group insurance. $608 average per employee. That's for just employee coverage. I pay 100% of employee premium. $7,296 for one person per year.

Most people don't realize their "pay" is only 70% of their compensation. US average compensation package is 30% benefits.

7.7% SS/FICA/UI

8.8% Insurance

2.5% Supplemental pay (bonuses, overtime etc.)

4.5% Retirement

6.9% Paid Time Off (average is 25 days off per year, 15 vacation 10 holiday)

Do you know if your company was located in Canada where they have socialized healthcare, would you not have to pay anything for your employees healthcare ? Seems to me if that is so all business owners should welcome socialized healthcare.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
I lived in an area (Palm Desert-Palm Springs) that had many residents of Canada. All the resident's-snowbirds I have ever talked to hate the heathcare system in Canada...hate it!!! In fact, when they had health issues they would come to the U.S. to have a precedure done. I was told that Spain had a good socialized healthcare system, but have not heard this from any residents, only liberals who were pro-socialized medicine.

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
Do you know if your company was located in Canada where they have socialized healthcare, would you not have to pay anything for your employees healthcare ? Seems to me if that is so all business owners should welcome socialized healthcare.
Zombie, zombie, zombie.....I thought you were smarter than this.

Nothing is free. Or do all the doctors and nurses and other healthcare employees in Canada actually work for no pay? And the money to build and run those hospitals? Who pays the light bill? All voluntary charitable donations by other Canadian citizens?

Nope, all Canadian citizens are forced to pay taxes in order to supply the socialized healthcare whether they want it or use it or not.

So basically I have to ask myself the question. Would I rather make the choices of what level of insurance to offer my employees and pay less taxes? Or would I rather pay higher taxes and let the government take care of it so I don't have to worry about it? Me and my employees will take option A and cut the money grubbing politicians out of it.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts