Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How often do you have to get a chute jacket recertified , or how long are they good for after the manufacture date ?
Thanks Rick Moore

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
You dont NEED to have it recertified unless you are going to use it at a sanctioned race. I believe the certifications are good for three years.

·
Registered
6,575 Posts
from the njba rulebook:

"8. The manufacturer must certify all racing vests or jackets every two years."

from the lucas rulebook:

"All life jackets must be returned to an approved life jacket manufacturer for safety inspection and recertification/dating every two (2) years from date of manufacture for a parachute jacket and every three (3) years for a non-parachute jacket. The driver is responsible for ensuring that a new date tag was sewn into the jacket after recertification".

·
Registered
121 Posts
Does that mean I can't dust off my 1977 Lifeline and throw my hat in the ring as a Rent-A-Driver? I guess I'm stuck with only using it on Halloween.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
from the njba rulebook:

from the lucas rulebook:

"All life jackets must be returned to an approved life jacket manufacturer for safety inspection and recertification/dating every two (2) years from date of manufacture for a parachute jacket and every three (3) years for a non-parachute jacket. The driver is responsible for ensuring that a new date tag was sewn into the jacket after recertification".

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
from the njba rulebook:

from the lucas rulebook:

I guess I got lucky at the finals. My jacket was last certified Oct 2010 which would technically not pass tech. Maybe since it was only a month past they let me slide.

·
Registered
6,575 Posts
I guess I got lucky at the finals. My jacket was last certified Oct 2010 which would technically not pass tech. Maybe since it was only a month past they let me slide.
chute or no chute? seen 'em let it go before when only a month or so past due. tech's decision. you had a 50-50 chance :).

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
my chute jacket has 08-11 on it, is that when i was certified last or expires..
cant remember when I sent it in last. :duh:

·
Ain't Right Racin
1,706 Posts
Your good till 8 0f 13 I think

·
Registered
6,575 Posts
in addition to the date, there's printing on the tag (unless you got a fake tag:)). it says "date of certification".

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
from the njba rulebook:

from the lucas rulebook:

So if ya remove the chute from the jacket it it good for another year. :shock:

·
Registered
6,575 Posts
So if ya remove the chute from the jacket it it good for another year. :shock:
no. if you remove the chute from the jacket it's good for 3 years:rolleyes: leave it to you to come up with that... i am only the messenger. i didn't make it up.
besides, what do you care? you don't drive anything anyway. :)grn

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
no. if you remove the chute from the jacket it's good for 3 years:rolleyes: leave it to you to come up with that... i am only the messenger. i didn't make it up.
besides, what do you care? you don't drive anything anyway. :)grn
I wonder WHO wrote that rule.I know that it wasn't CF.He was a driver. :)grn

·
Registered
877 Posts
whatever it is, it's all bush's fault. or cf's...

i do not know who wanted that in there, or who put it in there. wasn't me. :)grn
Must have been the S.D.B.A.s fault,since according to you the Lucas rule book is a copy of the S.D.B.A. rule book. Look back at the cf rulebook and you will see 3 yrs on non parachute and 2 years on parachute. Which is what it is now. Thanks charlie lucas. Mine is due this year.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts