Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have an 19ft jet boat with ot bassetts running them dry and don't mind the noise. My question is are Lighting headers as loud or close to it, and my concern was mostly the heat, abviously there alot cooler... I have open engine compartment.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,990 Posts
I talked to Jan at Lightning and he said pertty loud if ran dry! And as you said cooler to the touch! Your best bet is to call him and explain what you have and what you want to do. He is very helpful and knows his products! WT:)devil

·
Registered
3,731 Posts
One thing that will help with heat from the headers is using water directly from the jet pump, instead of from the motor where it gets pre heated. I run lightnings in my cruiser this method and it keeps the temps down. This is in an enclosed engine compartment too.

sidenote, i've run my open header boats this way too, just using a splitter off the jetpump and one line to the motor and the other to the headers via a tee valve. The two water lines go overboard from the motor.

·
Registered
6,655 Posts
One thing that will help with heat from the headers is using water directly from the jet pump, instead of from the motor where it gets pre heated. I run lightnings in my cruiser this method and it keeps the temps down. This is in an enclosed engine compartment too.

sidenote, i've run my open header boats this way too, just using a splitter off the jetpump and one line to the motor and the other to the headers via a tee valve. The two water lines go overboard from the motor.
i've thought about that, since that's the way i had the sw ot's set up back when it was just a lake boat. do you have anything like a valve to control flowrate to the lightnings, or just have it plumbed direct? just curious.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.