Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gang,
I have a co-worker that is in a pickle with Lightning Boats. Does anyone know who the current owner is or what is up? PM me if this is a delicate situation which I have a feeling, it is. :)grn

thanks

·
Ultra 27 Shadow
1,870 Posts
Gang,
I have a co-worker that is in a pickle with Lightning Boats. Does anyone know who the current owner is or what is up? PM me if this is a delicate situation which I have a feeling, it is. :)grn

thanks
Jason Van Beek is the owner of Lightning boats. He is Jerry's brother. GOOD LUCK!!!

·
Registered
478 Posts
As always people that have never owned a Lightning are badmouthing it.....Stay Classy everyone......

I owned one (sold it) as was extremely happy with EVERYTHING about the boat!

It is amazing how most of the haters are associated with Ultra.....Hmmm, how are they doing right now?

·
engorged member
1,448 Posts
As always people that have never owned a Lightning are badmouthing it.....Stay Classy everyone......

It is amazing how most of the haters are associated with Ultra.....Hmmm, how are they doing right now?
Doesn't sound like they were bashing Lightning, to me sounds like they are bashing the Van Beeks? I could be wrong, my reading comprehension sucks ass... :)sphss

·
Registered
67 Posts
Doesn't sound like they were bashing Lightning, to me sounds like they are bashing the Van Beeks? I could be wrong, my reading comprehension sucks ass... :)sphss
I had issues when I bought my Ultra through them. I believe Jason use to drive a black chevy dually at the time. His buddy Brad was my salesmen. I thought I was buying from Ultra but apparently these guy's were buying Hull's rigging them and selling them under Ultra's name. Was no surprise to see Ultra or these Beek's go under. That's where they belong......

·
Ultra 27 Shadow
1,870 Posts

It is amazing how most of the haters are associated with Ultra.....Hmmm, how are they doing right now?[/
QUOTE]

Yeah I have an Ultra, but those are not my reasons.....anybody in the industry know about the Van Beeks....Plus I was not bashing.

·
Ultra 27 Shadow
1,870 Posts
I had issues when I bought my Ultra through them. I believe Jason use to drive a black chevy dually at the time. His buddy Brad was my salesmen. I thought I was buying from Ultra but apparently these guy's were buying Hull's rigging them and selling them under Ultra's name. Was no surprise to see Ultra or these Beek's go under. That's where they belong......
Ultra fyi is still in business and just sold another two boats and delivered another one a couple weeks ago.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
I'm pretty sure it is Ultra (JW) in San Diego AKA John West custom boats inc. that just closed their doors, lost his homes back to the bank and went BK. Didn't they transfered their molds and do a tricker sneaker assett switch as well?

·
Ultra 27 Shadow
1,870 Posts
It was posted in the magazine John West closed the doors. Did they re open under new ownership? Someone buy there molds?
John is not a part of the daily operation, but John D and Mike Harlan are still in business selling and building Ultras. You can check for yourself at 341 S. Maple Street, Corona, CA 951-734-6000.

Boatsntoys....pretty f!#kd up for you to post shit like that especially when this thread has nothing to do with Ultra.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Shipping Guy thanks for the info. Did John West start Ultra? Was he a partner or what? I never got to deal with these peeps as I bought my Ultra from location that turned into Lightning. There were 3 dealerships at the time and my impression was that it was 1 owner John West. It was a article in PB where he stated he kept the business open on his own dime and had to close doors after only selling 4 boats that year.

·
....like warm apple pie
1,681 Posts
John told me in '96 when I was buying my Ultra that he got the company from Jerry. Jerry actually started out being my salesman on the deal, then got canned and I dealt with John the rest of the time. John is a great guy and has always built great boats. John will always be considered a top guy to me. He bent over backwards to help me out. Im sorry he has stepped out of the scene but hopefully when things turn around, he will be back.

·
Ultra 27 Shadow
1,870 Posts
Shipping Guy thanks for the info. Did John West start Ultra? Was he a partner or what? I never got to deal with these peeps as I bought my Ultra from location that turned into Lightning. There were 3 dealerships at the time and my impression was that it was 1 owner John West. It was a article in PB where he stated he kept the business open on his own dime and had to close doors after only selling 4 boats that year.

Raceface answered the question...John was first a dealer for Jerry Van Beek and then after some issues John ended up buying Ultra in 1994 and it has been his ever since. The only other dealer ever to sell Ultras when JW had it was Jeff Bohn, but then he started Cobra.

Mike

·
Administrator
11,649 Posts
Guys keep your posting factual please. A word of caution before this gets a head of steam... Name calling, half truths, falsities, etc aren't gonna fly very long when posting in a derogatory manner about individuals or companies. The industry is in bad enough shape already with the above being fired around. Thanks

·
Registered
67 Posts
Raceface answered the question...John was first a dealer for Jerry Van Beek and then after some issues John ended up buying Ultra in 1994 and it has been his ever since. The only other dealer ever to sell Ultras when JW had it was Jeff Bohn, but then he started Cobra.

Mike
I bought my Ultra in 2000 from dealership that became Lightning 818 area code by Magic Mountain. Do you know if John West was owner of this location or Jason Van Beek. At the time I was told Jason by salesmen Brad and there service guy Gavin. Another question is how are the new owners of Ultra affiliated? They buy the molds from John West? Sorry to Hi-Jack. But always wanted to know who I actually bought my boat from. I have been told many lies. I dont think West was involved in this dealership as I never saw him over the years So when I talk shit about Ultra I might need to re phrase what I say as I may have never dealt with any Ultra people only dealership selling there boats using there name burning there reputation.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts