Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yo new here and have a question.

Saw some boats runnin a light pole on the back of there boat and was wondering were to get these.

tx-19 u said u got this at walmart??

·
Registered
546 Posts
why not support the venders that advertise on here i sure that they all have them, they help pay for this site the least we could do is trade with them. just my 2cw

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wal-mart here too. They're inexpensive and come in several different lengths. I bought the longest one so it would show above my scoop.
cool so ya joey was sayin that he just used like a bracket and mounted it on his stringer cause i saw urs was mounted on the rear of ur hull so i gotta find out how he did that. I was thinking of mounting it on the rails cause i have a lot of room left.

·
Glendale Arizona
2,368 Posts
cool so ya joey was sayin that he just used like a bracket and mounted it on his stringer cause i saw urs was mounted on the rear of ur hull so i gotta find out how he did that. I was thinking of mounting it on the rails cause i have a lot of room left.
Mine was already mounted on the hull. I bought it that way so just had to wire it in when I made the new harness.

I could see where you wouldn't want to cut a hole in that nice hull of yours. Just use the gasket that comes in the kit for a template. You can draw it out on a piece of 2" X 2" aluminum angle, cut out the holes accordingly and mount that to your stringer.

why not support the venders that advertise on here i sure that they all have them, they help pay for this site the least we could do is trade with them. just my 2cw
I do both as well as make a lot of my own parts. If I need it right away and can find it locally, or make it myself, that's the route I'm gonna take. If not...........they get my business.

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok cool that helps a lot. so how does it wire in??? like it obviously has to be removed for the day but does it like make contact with the bracket i will make?
Thanks

·
Glendale Arizona
2,368 Posts
There's a number of different ways to connect it, but the easiest will be the way Joey did his.

One wire to 12 Volts (battery or other souce of constant voltage regardless of key postition). The other wire goes to the engine block, motor mount/rail or negative battery terminal (ground). It is not polarity sensitive (doesn't matter which wire you use for ground or power).

When you plug the pole into the fixture it'll complete the circuit and be on as long as it's plugged in.

I put mine on a switch with the bow lights.

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
I'll tell you from experience make sure that the light is visible 360 degrees,(not blocked by ones head or someone standing)Other words make sure it is high enough to not be blocked

1 - 10 of 10 Posts