Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My grandpa helped his friend build these boats back in the 70's. Has anybody ever seen one or know somebody that has one? My grandpas Lincoln Craft was a brown and tan colored one that I have been looking for.

Vehicle Water transportation Bass boat Boat Speedboat

Vehicle Water transportation Speedboat Boat trailer Car

Vehicle Transport Car Trailer

·
Premium Member
3,040 Posts
I kinda remember a brown/tan Lincoln Craft being for sale a few years ago in the Corona or Riverside area. Maybe the same one, I dunno but they are a nice looking cruiser. Not a lot of V in the bottom, probably fairly fast for a cuiser. Connelly or Rush looking bottom.

CC

·
Premium Member
1,842 Posts

·
Registered
4,218 Posts
I kinda remember a brown/tan Lincoln Craft being for sale a few years ago in the Corona or Riverside area. Maybe the same one, I dunno but they are a nice looking cruiser. Not a lot of V in the bottom, probably fairly fast for a cuiser. Connelly or Rush looking bottom.

CC
the outer chines look just like the Rush bottom?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,040 Posts
What is the length of the boat?
It could be a early Cheyenne or a Howard.
HARLAN ORRIN
Harlan,

Its a Lincoln Craft..........how could it be a Cheyenne or Howard?

He's asking if anybody knows where his grampa's Linclon Craft might be.

Carl

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts
Harlan,

Its a Lincoln Craft..........how could it be a Cheyenne or Howard?

He's asking if anybody knows where his grampa's Linclon Craft might be.

Carl
You see how Harlan would say that. Making molds are easy when you have a complete boat to work from.

·
Registered
877 Posts
Saw a Lincoln listed on craigslist yesterday and don't know anything about them so I did a quick search here and, no surprise, found a thread about one.

Clearly, to me at least, it's a splash or possibly even the same molds as Howards old semi-vee GN that he built, a handful with the Spectra style deck on them. Howard still had the old GN flat deck molds when I worked there in the 90's but the cruiser deck GN combo was long gone. Howard loved the Spectra deck, called them up about a hour after the Spectra was introduced and told them he was splashing their boat. He did too and was the first to do so.:)

Nice to know there are at least 2 of the Lincolns out there.

Howard GN with spectra style deck, same as the lincoln.

The other Lincoln transom shot.

Howard GN flatdeck transom shot, same as the Lincoln except for the obvious crown at the parting line.

·
Registered
877 Posts
Was in the shop yesterday, with that yellow & white Howard. The owner and I went for a spin in his Hallet Vector.
He bought the boat new from Howard in 1982.
Which one? The flat deck or the cruiser? I'm color blind, I know 'the wrecker' is yellow and white and have talked to the owner, but I'm not sure what color the cruiser is.

·
Premium Member
802 Posts
The one with the cruiser deck,(Spectra style), that you posted, with the VA numbers on it. That boat is here in Va. I originally put that picture up.
The way I understand it Greer copied that hull, with some modifications, to make his GN boat. With the cruiser deck, it does look like the Lincoln.

·
Registered
877 Posts
The one with the cruiser deck,(Spectra style), that you posted, with the VA numbers on it. That boat is here in Va. I originally put that picture up.
The way I understand it Greer copied that hull, with some modifications, to make his GN boat. With the cruiser deck, it does look like the Lincoln.
Yeah I didn't remember who posted the pics of that cruiser but I saved them all, such a good looking hull. thanks.

Well thats very interesting about your friends Howard being an '82. Makes me wonder if he got the molds from who ever Lincoln boats was or if they were buddies or had an agreement? Seems the 2 or 3 Lincoln's all date from the early 70s, including the one for sale right now and the Howard's with this deck are later. Gotta be some connection, no way they each tooled up that mold for such a limited market, Howard already had the Spectra splash cruiser and was selling lots of them.

Thanks VD, I thought you were a west coast guy for some reason.

·
Premium Member
802 Posts
My friend and I are the only two guys that I am familiar with that plays with the V drive cruisers in this area. I had a 74 21' Howard,(Spectra style), and now a 83 21' Howard, that I've had for 32 years. Bought it new from Howard with nothing but the interior in it. I'll try to get the story on the cruiser deck for the 20' Howard, seems to me a potato farmer, well known drag racer from California had the deck or deck plug made because he wanted a 20' cruiser.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I know this is an old thread about the Lincoln V-drives Day cruisers, I actually have one in AZ it’s been dissembled and has been sitting for years and it’s my uncles boat. He is the original boat builder and has given it to me to bring it back from the dead. Please post if you have one.

Plant Motor vehicle Luggage and bags Trunk Wood

Sky Wood Tree Shade Composite material

Sky Road surface Asphalt Wood Vehicle

Plant Tire Wheel Vehicle Road surface

Sky Cloud Wood Road surface Asphalt

·
Steady Rollin
1,182 Posts
woah, last tag on that thing is 81, same year i was born.

Good luck on this project, its only time and money! Make sure to take a lot of pics.

How deep are we going on this one?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ya my uncle worked with Howard back in the day. So I would not be surprised. I plan on restoring it back to original,that is the goal intended. I’m still working on bringing it back CA. I just recently sold my 21’ Lavey Craft had it since 95. And have a 76 Bubble Deck Eliminator jet boat completing soon. I’m pretty excited to get the Lincoln started. Thanks for replying Will continue to update as it goes it’s going to be a long process.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts