Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
It's good to be alive
1,526 Posts
I remember seeing that at Tucson Dragway. It had maybe magnesium plates on the wheely bars so it laid down huge white sparks all the way down the trrack. Thta paragraph about looking through the floor down the track and the steering ....wild. The things people do....:D

·
pay me or pay me no mind
3,269 Posts
i hope they sell you the ballz to drive that sucker too:)devil

·
Colts fan & Stoker owner
8,170 Posts
Awesome. Have seen it at a number of events over the years.

·
Registered
3,509 Posts
I remember seeing that at Tucson Dragway. It had maybe magnesium plates on the wheely bars so it laid down huge white sparks all the way down the trrack. Thta paragraph about looking through the floor down the track and the steering ....wild. The things people do....:D

Since the front wheels were off the ground it was steered by independent brake cylinders on the back wheels and controled by a joy stick in the cab.

·
Re-member
3,729 Posts
...Bill Golden originated his racing career out of Sun Valley Ca....He lived a few blocks from where I now eat breakfast...

...His first car that I was aware of,...was an L stock '61 Dodge...I believe it ran about 106..

...His breakthrough car was a Maxwedge '62...It may have been red???...

...When he showed up at San Fernando with the Little Red Wagon, his earning power grew...

...He soon moved to the south where there was some real exhibition money...

...The rest is history...

·
Administrator
16,894 Posts
I'd love to have that truck.

I remember watching him match race the Hemi under Glass several times as a kid.

Anyone remember the "Backup Pickup"?

·
R U or U R?
1,829 Posts
Anyone Remember Tommy Ivo, The Green Mamba, Arnie Beswick

I always loved the Snake vs Mongoose matchups.

I still remember going to the track at OCIR and watching streakers run the 1/4 mile when that was in style.

·
Registered
3,509 Posts
Anyone Remember Tommy Ivo, The Green Mamba, Arnie Beswick

I always loved the Snake vs Mongoose matchups.

I still remember going to the track at OCIR and watching streakers run the 1/4 mile when that was in style.

Or how about the Fox Hunt funny car events? Drag heaven!

One night at one of these events Steve Evans (announcer) said over the load speakers after a funny car oil down "get some door slammers out there to help dry up the track" I thought it was the ultimate compliment to funny car racing ever but I suppose if you had a "door slammer" it was the ultimate insult.

·
a.k.a WHIPLASH #180
1,099 Posts
I would love to go to that auction!!!! I can't believe all the history that is being sold. I looks like somone is clearing out their collection or having their collection cleared out by someone.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well, then, some one tell me what single drag car is most recgonizable or know by more people thoughout 40 years++++?????

·
pay me or pay me no mind
3,269 Posts
does this one count.....

·
Registered
376 Posts
That brings back a lot of memories, all good. I saw Hemi underglass and the little red wagon at Fremont. The sparks from Hemi underglass caught the grass on the side of the track on fire.:)devil

1 - 20 of 42 Posts