Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be rewireing my boat this winter but I need to see how to run across from the engine to the deck and make it look clean and a safe run can you guys post some pics of how yours are run across Thanks Eric

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
I will be rewireing my boat this winter but I need to see how to run across from the engine to the deck and make it look clean and a safe run can you guys post some pics of how yours are run across Thanks Eric
if ur referring to running the wires from the motor to the instruments etc in the dash, there was a thread on here that showed how peeps did theres with pics :)

FastRat

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have been looking for that but cant seam to find it dose anyone rember the name of the thread

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Is it ok to run the wire harness down the side of the block to the outboard side of the stringer under the floor and up the transum will the wire get wet and cause a problem

·
jetboataholic
2,798 Posts
I think it was Hawiian jets thread, maybe he'll see this one and post up a link...
Nope not mine, and please don't look at mine. There are better ways to route the wires than what I did. Squirtcha? did a really clean wiring job on his boat, might check out his thread, I think Busby started the thread.

But there are a few wiring threads on here somewhere, with some great pictures and some really good info.

Good luck.:)

Here's Squirtcha?'s thread.
Sounds like a smoking deal

·
Registered
4,288 Posts
Fwiw having a custom harness made it way too easy , mind you mines not close to being 1/2 as clean as Squirtcha's, I just called Tom (jbp) gave him some measures. Everything is color coded correct and fit like a glove. I'd like to know where to get a nice mounting bracket for a terminal block, I think I'm ready to retire the piece of cut off sheetrocking T square I used.lol:)sphss

·
Banned
3,605 Posts
Is it ok to run the wire harness down the side of the block to the outboard side of the stringer under the floor and up the transum will the wire get wet and cause a problem
Wire being wet by water in itself won't cause the wire any harm, but fuels and oils will harm a wires insulation even if it's oil reisistant. With that being said, I'd run the wire up the side of the gunnel before I ran it under the floor. IMO

Don't hate the sheetrocking T square, LMAO.

·
Registered
995 Posts
I fiberglassed pvc pipe up the right side deck[make sure u miss gas filler neck] and a short pvc pipe on the transom to hold all wires. Way better than having them loop along the gunnel where you can see them. Pat

·
Banned
3,605 Posts
I fiberglassed pvc pipe up the right side deck[make sure u miss gas filler neck] and a short pvc pipe on the transom to hold all wires. Way better than having them loop along the gunnel where you can see them. Pat
I kind of sorta did the same thing, I used epoxy instead of glassing the pieces of pipe in, I have no idea if the epoxy will work or not so you (TahitiRat) might want to fiberglass them in like WPB suggested. On mine I cut the pipe kind of funny so I could take the wires and cables in or out of the pipe whenever I wanted to. There's pictures of the pieces of pipe about a 1/4 way down the page (link below).
http://www.performanceboats.com//showthread.php?t=23937&page=2

·
Boat Nut
5,131 Posts
My boat has TP rolls, well the card board part glassed in every few feet. They were just used as forms for the mat till the resin cured. Kind of a race way for the wire harness.

·
Registered
4,288 Posts
connections?

On the wire ends is, it o.k. to soder(sp?) them? And if you shrink wrap them do you leave the plastic deals that come with the connectors on, or take em off?

·
Cantard
5,017 Posts
On the wire ends is, it o.k. to soder(sp?) them? And if you shrink wrap them do you leave the plastic deals that come with the connectors on, or take em off?
Just use some marets.:D

I just solder and heat shrink. Not so crazy about butt connectors.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts