Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
06 Mach 22 w/2.5 Drags
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I took my boat out a while back and my GPS was stuck in about the 9 oclock position. Call Livorsi, sent in the entire gauge including the antenna so it could be repaired/tested. Livorsi said my antenna failed, supposedly fixed and tested it then sent it back. Today I plugged it all back in to the boat, went to test it, and now the speedo needle rests right at about 3 (30 MPH) and will not budge, no matter what speed I'm at. Anyone know what or if there is a fault code 3?? I checked all my connections, gauge is getting 12V, powers up and cycles perfectly, then rises to 30MPH even while the boat is not moving.

Anyone???

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Dont that gps have recall switch.Mybe you have the wires wrong and its reading that.I had one in my Silverwing and I would hit the toggle switch to recall max speed Id start their.

·
06 Mach 22 w/2.5 Drags
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dont that gps have recall switch.Mybe you have the wires wrong and its reading that.I had one in my Silverwing and I would hit the toggle switch to recall max speed Id start their.
It does have a tattle-tale, but I FK with that and it works as it should. It'll recall its last stored speed, cycle to zero, and then rise back to the 3. It cannot be wired wrong because I just have a plug for it, no loose wires at all.

·
Premium Member
2,145 Posts
What o'clock position is your "30" at? If it's at around 7 o'clock on the dial, that's what it will display while trying to find satellites. I'd be looking into your antenna/receiver as the problem.

·
06 Mach 22 w/2.5 Drags
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What o'clock position is your "30" at? If it's at around 7 o'clock on the dial, that's what it will display while trying to find satellites. I'd be looking into your antenna/receiver as the problem.
Its right at about the 7 o'clock position. Its just pissing me off because as I said the gauge was just at Livorsi to six an issue with the antenna. Ill just call them tomorrow morning, I just hate it when s**t doesn't work right.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Wheres the ant.is it in the open so it can pick up,they will shot threw fiber glass.If I remember right mine would go to lets say 30mph and stay there untill it got a sig.

·
06 Mach 22 w/2.5 Drags
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wheres the ant.is it in the open so it can pick up,they will shot threw fiber glass.If I remember right mine would go to lets say 30mph and stay there untill it got a sig.
The antenna is mounted pretty much center on the dashboard. Its been there since day one and I've neer had issues with it not seeing the satelite. The gauge itself had ample time to pick up a signal and it never did.
I tested it by towing the boat behind the truck while I layed in the boat and checked out the gauge. Keys were on and the gauge was powered but it never pickup up speed. In theroy that should have given me a speed reading. We towed it down a service road at roughly 55-60MPH for a sustained amount of time, for sure long enough that a signal should have been found.

·
Premium Member
2,145 Posts
Typically, my GPS speedo takes about 1 minute to figure out its location. It will sit at 7 o'clock until it connects, then it will drop down to it's "0" location.

·
06 Mach 22 w/2.5 Drags
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah, that's exactly how mine was and should be. Its for sure still not fixed. That pisses me off man.

·
Registered
57 Posts
hey did you ever get that fixed?? my mach 22 just developed the same problem is livorsi the only ones that can fix it??

·
06 Mach 22 w/2.5 Drags
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hey did you ever get that fixed?? my mach 22 just developed the same problem is livorsi the only ones that can fix it??
Sure did. As it turns out after a GPS gets refurbished, repaired, whatever, it needs to be left on for a while to reprogram the satelites into it. Took about 30 minutes, but it works perfect now.

If your antenna is bad I believe Livorsi is the only place that can fix it. I will give them credit though, it took only 3 days to fix and cost less than $100. I just wish they included some sort of instructions telling me what to do once I re-installed it. No big deal though.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts