Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the better choice for bolts, S.S. or grade 8? I'm useing s.s. and put washer nuts on the in side but for some reason I'm thinking different. Thanks Troy

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Bolts

What is the better choice for bolts, S.S. or grade 8? I'm useing s.s. and put washer nuts on the in side but for some reason I'm thinking different. Thanks Troy
Grade 8 with anti sieze. Make sure you check them after a trip to the river. Not so much for failure, they will rust and can be a real pain in the donkey to get out.

·
Registered
979 Posts
I buy SS nuts and bolts from a quality supplier here in Tucson all the time, and the locknuts I get will easily shear the bolt without some type of lube. :mad:

·
Registered
574 Posts
Check with Totally Stainless they carry all types of bolts in ss in grade 8 and higher. Flat head socket bolts are pricey but available.They will make what you need out of 17-4 if they dont have what you need.Grade 8 ss u-bolts for your trailer, kits for hot rods and restorations in all stainless. Tons of neat stuff even black grade 8 ss. Phone is1800 767-4781 or Totally Stainless is their web site.googleisthemaster:)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts