Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Impeachment!
3,728 Posts
Do lowpro intakes require a different loader than a standard Berk intake? If so I guess I'll soon be out a couple/few hundred beans:)eh:)

·
Boat Nut
5,131 Posts
Depends on the intake, they are all suposed to fit, but some of the castings had some sort of cast/core shift.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Do lowpro intakes require a different loader than a standard Berk intake? If so I guess I'll soon be out a couple/few hundred beans:)eh:)
I have a standerd one Im using now and dont know if yours is different. Im thinking mine is more of a blocker than a help.:D
Trying to get a idea on what some guys are running on thier lo pro intakes.
I figuerd some of the pump guys would know.

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
MPD low profile and berks should be able to use all the same loaders.

Aggressor and Meirsch low profile will use a slightly different loader from what I have seen. The pad on these two are recessed farther into the boat.

·
Registered
4,549 Posts
MPD low profile and berks should be able to use all the same loaders..
Kjell, Chris, anyone...wouldnt the L/P intake need a different ramp angle to redirect the flow of water? Wouldnt The standard style direct the flow to high on the imp?
The mounting pad would be the same, but i think the design would be just alittle different. I dont know, so thats why im asking here.

·
Boat Nut
5,131 Posts
MPD low profile and berks should be able to use all the same loaders.

Aggressor and Meirsch low profile will use a slightly different loader from what I have seen. The pad on these two are recessed farther into the boat.

Same info I have, from when purchasing my MPD lo-pro intake. My original MPD loader fits just fine, which I ran on a Berkeley intake prior to the Lo-Pro.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Ramp loaders

Used a low profile Merish in Old Skool and found that just about any intake would fit but had dramatic difference in performance. Tried an number of different ramp angles and finally found a loader I liked. Have been using MPD intakes in all of our So Cal's 19 and found this intake easier to tune the way we like it.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Greg
Do you make or have some for the meirsh that you liked. I know what I have isnt what I want. It doesnt need all the water at the top I dont think.

·
Registered
414 Posts
My MPD Loader works fine in my Meirsch intake but requires a 1 degree tapered shim. MPD supplied this with the loader. if you are starting from scratch, I think the popular opinion is to use the MPD intake. Also the shoes will be a standard fit on all MPD's. Not the case on the Meirsch, every intake requires its own shoe because of random bolt patterns.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
loader

Greg
Do you make or have some for the meirsh that you liked. I know what I have isnt what I want. It doesnt need all the water at the top I dont think.
Are you running an inducer? if so which inducer? Load points on a low profile can make a big difference. Where are your aiming points right now with the loader you r using. Have you modified your keel?

·
Trick Flow 557
212 Posts
Kjell, Chris, anyone...wouldnt the L/P intake need a different ramp angle to redirect the flow of water? Wouldnt The standard style direct the flow to high on the imp?
The mounting pad would be the same, but i think the design would be just alittle different. I dont know, so thats why im asking here.[/QUOTE

I was wondering the same thing.....

·
Registered
3,623 Posts
if you bolt a standard loader into a Miersch intake the uprights hit the roof of the intake. A tapered shim installed between the loader pad and loader or a different style loader is needed to keep it from hitting the intake, vibrating and cracking. I ran into this problem when trying to run loaders for standard Berk intakes in my Aggressor/Miersch intake.

·
Registered
441 Posts
As I understand the concept, the benefit of running the mpd in-take to the suction housing is to reduce cavitation induced from certain angles of the loader pad and over all inlet turbulance at the start. I think they want to stop the snowball from "rolling"Into Cav related bubbles up steam. MPD's Testing and The racers that recieve input from them, help them to make improvements. The Loaders... I got 2 Loaders from Jack. My loaders "I thought" were the best. My boat gained 1 mph and my friends gained 3 mph. We run Standard 4Deg Intakes. The old loaders they replaced were not Junk, but very nice reproductions made from very good stuff. Consult MPD and go faster, They will work with you.

·
Registered
931 Posts
How good are the White Lightning Top Loaders? I have one that seems to be very detailed, and ready to bolt in with no trimming required. I have also changed up a few things, and have not had a chance to test it. Would one of those work for the lo pro intake that you are talking about?

·
Registered
441 Posts
Try What you have. Your are located in the hotbed of jet performance. The guys on here will help you and they are in your back yard.I am 2000 miles away and they are only a call away.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts