Performance Boats Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Don't Taze Me, Bro!
1,885 Posts
By the way.
How do you measure the boat..?

from front to rear or front to transom.. do swim steps count?

Johnny
From the tip of the bow to the transom. Straight shot, not over the windshield, hull rise, etc. Swim steps, outboard engines, drives, etc. don't count. EXCEPT if the swim step is molded into and part of the hull.

The only true way to get the exact length is to drop a plumb line from the bow and from the transom while it's out of the water. Measure between the weights for the length.

I'm willing to bet that those of you with a boat that says a specific length on the registration actually have a shorter boat than advertised. It will always be shorter, since a 35.5 foot boat sounds better as a 36' than a 35'. Manufacturers never round down.

The only time this really comes into play is if the boat is listed near one of the class cut off length. (16', 26', 40' & 65')

Maybe the CA side does?
A state or county cannot regulate boats on Federal Waterways. They can enforce laws and regulations regarding boat operation and such, but can't put restrictions on waterway use, without Federal concurrence.

·
Custom user title
374 Posts
I'm willing to bet that those of you with a boat that says a specific length on the registration actually have a shorter boat than advertised. It will always be shorter, since a 35.5 foot boat sounds better as a 36' than a 35'. Manufacturers never round down.
I hear the htm 24s are considerably longer then 24.

·
Can't re-Member
1,990 Posts
I know all lakes in San Bernardino County have a 26' limit. :))ThumbsDwn
Not Big Bear.. I lived there for 35 years, the limit is 25'. I had a friend who bought a new 27' Hallett before checking into the lake limit. He had to have 2' chopped off the front of the boat so he could use it on the lake. Hallett did the work, and as bad as it sounds (the boat was only a month old) they did a nice job. Literally chopped 24" off the bow, straight. the piece they cut off was made so it could be bolted back on in a few minutes, and you couldn't really tell. It sure looked funny on BB lake with a flat bow though..:D

·
Registered
172 Posts
Not Big Bear.. I lived there for 35 years, the limit is 25'. I had a friend who bought a new 27' Hallett before checking into the lake limit. He had to have 2' chopped off the front of the boat so he could use it on the lake. Hallett did the work, and as bad as it sounds (the boat was only a month old) they did a nice job. Literally chopped 24" off the bow, straight. the piece they cut off was made so it could be bolted back on in a few minutes, and you couldn't really tell. It sure looked funny on BB lake with a flat bow though..:D
I would love to see a pic of that!! Maybe that is the ans. to putin the boat in the garage!:)hand

·
Registered
576 Posts
Clear Lake, California. All sizes. No Speed Limits. 100 miles of shoreline. Its a couple feet from being full this year. Quality should be much better this year than the previous few years.

Norcal73

·
Nine pieces of Eight
1,377 Posts
Parker Strip now has a 21' limit.

And no jet skis.

And no roll bar boats.

And no MMA wannabes.

And no East LA Gangbangers.

Thank you.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled thread. :)sphss

No Jet boats? I heard that was also approved. :)devil:)sphss:)

1 Posts
Parker Strip now has a 21' limit.

And no jet skis.

And no roll bar boats.

And no MMA wannabes.

And no East LA Gangbangers.

Thank you.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled thread. :)sphss
dont want anybody that could take the focus off of you. Quit worrying your wifes safe with me you go harrass the mma guys iam sure they need some practice

21 - 29 of 29 Posts