Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,
I'm going to be staying on a boat in the Long Beach Marina next month and was going to bring my Scarab down. I'm running thru hulls on stock 330hp 454's with no mufflers. The boats not too loud but loud enough I'm a little concerned. Are there noise restrictions in that area?

Thanks
Bill

·
custom boat lover
498 Posts
I don't think so, I Never heard anyone say they had a problem with noise anywhere out in the pacific ocean. They only like to pick on the lakes. You should be fine.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
You'll be fine....Now Newport harbor is a different story!

·
custom boat lover
498 Posts
Yep- I got rolled in Newport Harbor last year.

In Long Beach, I've only heard of people getting hassled for speed behind the breakwater...but no noise,
Are they trying to say there is a speed limit just inside the breakwater now??? For some boats that is the best area to open it up sometimes.;):)

·
Lord of the Drinks
2,352 Posts
Are they trying to say there is a speed limit just inside the breakwater now??? For some boats that is the best area to open it up sometimes.;):)
I knew a guy who was winding it up to 110...but they rolled him in the no wake zone and told him it was 35MPH behind the whole breakwater.

I've never seen it posted, so it may be a "conditions" deal?

Either way, I am a little more careful coming in there now with the CG around.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
I knew a guy who was winding it up to 110...but they rolled him in the no wake zone and told him it was 35MPH behind the whole breakwater.

I've never seen it posted, so it may be a "conditions" deal?

Either way, I am a little more careful coming in there now with the CG around.
I've been a buck 25 in a cat past coast gaurds and harbor patrol inside the main break wall with out a problem. However, if you make a right and run up toward the industrial part of harbor (north) there are major speed limits.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts