Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Half a bubble off
2,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't figure out where to post this up and get to the best group so I'll give it a shot here.

I'm looking for an -8 bulkhead fitting that has a thread coverage area that is longer than the traditional 1" or 1 1/2".

Now that I have you all confused, let me explain better. I'm attempting to run SS lines for my water intake on the pump and have a bulkhead fitting that is long enough to extend from the outside of the pump all the way through to the inside of the boat so I can nut it on my aluminum pump support plate that's tied to my rail kit for a clean installation.

The more traditional bulkhead fittings I've seen all seem to be about an 1 1/2" too short.

Anybody have any suggestions??? Dave, you out there???

Thanks so much.........john

·
Half a bubble off
2,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Fraid not. I'm not even close. To do what I'm "trying" to do, it really needs to be twice as long as those. I may have to regroup but it would look really clean if I can pull it off.

·
Cantard
5,017 Posts
I was just wondering if your fitting could also work as the jam nut. Looking, I know it exists.

·
Cantard
5,017 Posts
I could always make you one at whatever lenght you need. wouldnt be blue but it would be shinny! lol

·
Registered
4,288 Posts
Hey John ,Outlaw may already have you covered, if not I went down that road with my 3" transom I ended up with just a #8 an to 1/2"npt(sticking out the transom plate) the went to lowes and bought a dble female 1/2" npt and a piece of galvanized pipe, It stuck just enougph threads through it allowed me to use another dbl female on motor side to tighten it all up. I hope that made a little sense I just woke up.:)coffee

·
Administrator
11,647 Posts

·
Half a bubble off
2,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Wow! Thanks for all the replies and ideas. I'm going to be out in the shop all day and will take accurate measurements but it sounds like one of these options should work.

Moderator, I apologize for the dble posts but I honestly didnt think I would get many replies (if any) and wasn't sure where would be the best spot to post up..........john

Thanks again everyone......stay tuned

1 - 14 of 14 Posts