Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
this sucker was 6" long and after being sprayed he took off and went over a 5 foot block wall roughly 25 feet away...needless to say wife hates spiders and I made her go after it...i was not home at the time....

·
Registered
641 Posts
Where do you live. We have had them at our house / neighborhood, outside so far. I don't one inside.
Mike

·
I'm baaaaack...
4,365 Posts
What a cutie!

On the way home from the movies tonight there was a scorpion crossing the street in front of the house, big enough to draw my attention as I was driving. The wife wanted me to run over it... girls:)sphss

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
this sucker was 6" long and after being sprayed he took off and went over a 5 foot block wall roughly 25 feet away...needless to say wife hates spiders and I made her go after it...i was not home at the time....
We need to start a poll...how many people think you actually told your wife that, some of us know better!!!

·
Administrator
11,649 Posts
What brand of spider is that?

Turn a few dozen of those loose at PC and solve the traffic issues. ;)

·
Registered
115 Posts

they are called windscorpions. I used to call them vinegarones (but that is a different species than the windscorpions). I see them quite often, sometimes they get into the house. Suckers are fast too! Nonvenomous.

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

GoJoe is right...
They are also known as:
Their common names include camel spider, wind scorpion, sun scorpion and sun spider. In southern Africa they are known by a host of names including red romans, haarskeerders and baarskeerders, the latter two relating to the belief they use their formidable jaws to clip hair from humans and animals to line their subterranean nests.[1]

Solifugae are not true spiders, which are from a different order, Araneae. Like scorpions and harvestmen, they belong to a distinct arachnid order.

and to answer BBD, are you kidding me I told her that and I then told her to buck up and called her a nancy girl if she did not kill it...now her answer to me was not a surprise lol :D

OH and this was in Boulder City, NV

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Get it in a headlock!
Spiders dont bother me but the thought of this thing getting sprayed with comercial bug killer then taking a nice walk about 25 feet away then up a block wall and jumping over it...that tells me they are a tough son of a biatch........must be from the bad part of town and used to pepper spray...:D

·
Registered
3,364 Posts

1 - 15 of 15 Posts