Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
i got skiillllzzzz....
977 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i got pissed and decided to keep the rogers and make it go faster. today i pulled everything out to do a pump set back.i took bowl off and found this thin piece of stainless cut and rivited inside to the bowl.see the pics i attached. is this a home made bowl stuffer? should i leave it in or take it out.never had any problems with it but it sure looks like it could cause problems if it came loose.any helpful info would be great.

Attachments

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
i'd be more concerned about those veins:D lookin a bit too cut on to me, better check the clearence between the bowl veins and impellor veins, i'd bet it's wayyy out. you can cut some off the mounting flange on the bowl to bring it forward. is that a split bowl?

·
i got skiillllzzzz....
977 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it is a two piece bowl.the impeler was rubbing on the plate alittle.the vains are flush with the plate,dont think its that far off.

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Well the "concept" was OK and the "thought" was there just not the way I would have gone about it , call if you need help (i'd be a little concerned about the attachment as well Tom

jbp stuffers

·
i got skiillllzzzz....
977 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
should i dump this bowl and get another one?if so what are my choices to mate up with my berkley suction housing?for a decent price.

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
should i dump this bowl and get another one?if so what are my choices to mate up with my berkley suction housing?for a decent price.
Personally I'd drill the rivets out and "clean up/finese" the bowl and redo the Stuffer plate in an aluminum piece (drill ,tap and reattach) it will prooly work fine for you Tom

·
One part at a time...
463 Posts
Hey Tom, is there any milling needed to install one of your stuffers? How do you check/set the clearance to the impeller?

·
B1 Racing
6,523 Posts
How long has it been in there? If you havent had issues why take it out? How close is it to the back of the impeller? The real problem is you cant take it out to change the dimensions later down the road when you do pump work. You might get lucky any not need to tweak the impeller/stuffer clearance though. Good Luck.

·
Boat Nut
5,131 Posts
Looks like the plate is on the thin side, see the scuff marks between the rivets, most of the plate one I've seen are 1/8th in plate.

Tom your stuffer is killer ;)

·
B.A.M aka "Black Azz Mike
2,925 Posts

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Josh designed the one in the first pic , cant tell you who designed the second (CNCd) :)hand

Johnny very likely some machining (somewhere) will be neccesary , we use clay to check back side clearance, call me or Josh or we'll go thru the process with you anytime

1 - 19 of 19 Posts