Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Im upgrading my trans cooler on my V10.Anybody got a hookup with Ford?Or have one they want to sell?Best ive seen is around 276 bucks, 31 row.Im in OC.:)
I might be able to find one at my Dealership but i will be in Phoenix for schooling mon-wed.If you can wait til i go back to work Thurs i see if i can dig one up.
Just shoot me a pm sometime before thur to remind me.

·
The HMFIC
1,711 Posts
are u looking to replace your v10 cooler with the cooler of the 6.0 powerstroke or is your v10 a 6 liter. sorry i dont know much about the v10. but i have a friend who has a shop that sells after market truck equipment i can prob get what you need for cheaper. im in the I.E.

·
Slower Than You
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
are u looking to replace your v10 cooler with the cooler of the 6.0 powerstroke or is your v10 a 6 liter. sorry i dont know much about the v10. but i have a friend who has a shop that sells after market truck equipment i can prob get what you need for cheaper. im in the I.E.
I am looking specifically for an oem cooler for a 6.0 powerstroke to put in my V10.I know of the aftermarket ones, but the 6.0 is what i want.:)

·
The HMFIC
1,711 Posts
i have a friend that works at sunrise ford and a friend at citrus ford in the I.E. ill call them and see what i can come up with. have you tried a junk yard??? may be you could get lucky people crash there shizz all the time

·
The HMFIC
1,711 Posts
ill pm you on monday and let you know what i can come up with. you say the best price you can get is 276 right. ill try and do better. but has to be monday cause every one is closed

·
Slower Than You
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
If you need something rated over 40,000GVW, then that is one heavy boat...lol.
I see your point. This cooler was recommended to me by a retired 20 yr ford truck trans engineer on FTE.LOTS of guys on there have them and have seen 25 degree temp drops.Its the one i want.I tow on some nasty grades up to 7200 ft.Thanks for the link though.:)

(my boat is light, its my 5th wheel that is a pig.):p

·
Lord of the Drinks
2,258 Posts
I see your point. This cooler was recommended to me by a retired 20 yr ford truck trans engineer on FTE.LOTS of guys on there have them and have seen 25 degree temp drops.Its the one i want.I tow on some nasty grades up to 7200 ft.Thanks for the link though.:)

(my boat is light, its my 5th wheel that is a pig.):p
I went with the B&M Hi Tech cooler on my Chevy. The stock cooler was 26KGVW rating, but going to the B&M dropped my temps by 50 degrees. The funny thing is that B&M also rated their cooler at 26KGVW. Putting the B&M next to the stock cooler, it was much bigger, and includes a thermostat fan that really helped in slow speed (city stop and go) conditions.

Needless to say, I'm not a big fan of OEM (tube and fin) coolers anymore.

·
Slower Than You
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'm guessing but no promises i can hook you up with a free one.We often have them laying around and everytime a trans gets replaced the truck gets a new cooler.
Let me check later in the week and get back to you,like i said no promises but
if we have one (usually do) laying around it's yours.
That would be verrrrrry nice.PM sent.Thank you so much.:)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.