Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone have any suggestions want to stay 20 to 22 foot what kind of power will i need to pull a wakeboard (adult) would like to be able to have a decent speed also maby 35 to 40 if possiable what power will i need . any pros or cons to outboard or io setup

·
Registered
298 Posts
playcraft

Playcraft powertoon that is the one .Bought one in 1999 still have it and love it 52 mph on gps almost time for interior after 10years and 400 hours
but its a 26' was the top of the line in 99 350mag and bravo three
:)

·
They call me Phildo
107 Posts
Well I just made the step my self but didnt have much to spend. If I had the cash it would be one of 3, Playcraft, Bennington or a JC. I like the ride of the Playcraft the best, The luxury of the Benningtons and I like the looks of the JC. You defiantly are talking V8 or an outboard bigger than 200 to do the speed you want. Also make sure it has lifting strakes. You can find one of these in the 30 to 40 range (used) if you look hard enough. I also recommend at least 22', they ride way better and are roomy.

We just picked up a Lowe Jamacia 25' with the 4.3 I/O. It pulls my kids on tubes fine but doesnt make much wake. We top out at a blistering 32 MPH with 4 of us in it and ours doesnt have lifting strakes but I picked it up for 18k.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts