Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Purple headed member
7,646 Posts
It aint gonna do 85 and it aint gonna do 90, however that's besides the point. See those two kids in the pics, if they are yours and you got the time and money, grab the boat and enjoy it with them. They will think it's the fastest thing on water and no one will tell them otherwise.....:)devil

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
It aint gonna do 85 and it aint gonna do 90, however that's besides the point. See those two kids in the pics, if they are yours and you got the time and money, grab the boat and enjoy it with them. They will think it's the fastest thing on water and no one will tell them otherwise.....:)devil
And all their little friends will want to go for a ride too. Think of it as a blast from the past.

Hey Scott, how goes it? :)coffee

·
Registered
193 Posts
you might have been told what someone wanted you to know.looking at the rust/straw/and trailer,looks like a starting of a project.it might have sean somewere around those speeds,butlike any good sales person,they sold it.enjoy,and what ever speed it goes!who cares!

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
I agree with jetboat. You bought it, enjoy it. There's always going to be someone faster and someone slower. You can tinker over the winter.

·
Resident Ford Nut
10,102 Posts
Assuming there's a back seat for it. and I'll agree with you on the speed.......as they say "it will do 85 behind the tow truck"

Cobalt have fun with it with the kids, worry about speed later.

S CP :D

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
:)hand

Hah , no , I haven't bought it , and those two little fellas are the present owners kids. Mine are the larger ones in the 6th pic down , the one with the BRIGHT shoes, lol. He's thirteen . The girl in pink is my 9 year old, and if you look hard enough my 15 year old daughter is at the back of the boat . I'm the tall silver haired dude .

I'd never buy a boat without going out in it first and this boat hasn't seen a lot of run time here lately . The fuel system is the first thing I am going to go through if I buy it, that is a given . I'll put it back in top shape before I take any family members out in it .

Are you guys serious about the top speed on this rig? Only 60-65 ? My Cobalt will run that fast .

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
find a gullwing, and we all know who gary williams is, lol:D if your're wanting something to do over 80, best not try it in a vhull until you have some jet experience, vhulls can do odd things over 80;) shutdown isn't fun either if you're hanging hardware below keel, ask me how i know:)hand got a nice big reminder scar on me knee from my ole taylor sj stuffing me under the dash when i ran outta gas at 84mph:)sphss gullwings are alot more forgiving over 80.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
find a gullwing, and we all know who gary williams is, lol:D if your're wanting something to do over 80, best not try it in a vhull until you have some jet experience, vhulls can do odd things over 80;) shutdown isn't fun either if you're hanging hardware below keel, ask me how i know:)hand got a nice big reminder scar on me knee from my ole taylor sj stuffing me under the dash when i ran outta gas at 84mph:)sphss gullwings are alot more forgiving over 80.
That's some good advice . I have zero jet experience . All mine is outboards on bass boats , some are solid 75mph on GPS and I hate those chine walking white knuckle rides . :)Unsure :D That is what I was looking for when I posted the Vhull pics , SangerRat mentioned getting a flattie and I needed to know what to expect out of the Vhull over getting a flattie . Yup , Gary gas a pretty big following I hear .

I hope it all works out for you! And I'll see you at the gas pump!:|err
True dat :p

1 - 12 of 12 Posts