Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't find any info online for these, not even a manual. I do have an original B&M catalog section for these but it doesn't show much other than pulley ratio's. It does show it can be overdriven 27%.

What is the capability of these, max boost and HP on a BBC?

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
I can't find any info online for these, not even a manual. I do have an original B&M catalog section for these but it doesn't show much other than pulley ratio's. It does show it can be overdriven 27%. What is the capability of these, max boost and HP on a BBC?
from what i know, these blowers were originally built by B&M with a 6 or 8 rib serpentine belt set-up with a 16 rib optional...when Holley bought them out, they changed over to an 8mm set-up (much better)...i have a Holley 420 with the 8mm set-up with a Superchiller under it mounted on a special designed for it manifold with a v-shaped floor (^)...better fuel distribution vs the old style plain flat floor...also...the top of my blower has the carb flanges built in to it for 2x4 4150 carbs to run in-line or sideways...i'm also told, these blowers are a cross between a 671 & 871...when i get my 496 together, i plan on running this pkg with either 2 Holley 450 DP or 650 DP mech sec carbs @ 5% under driven...i dont know the capability or max boost etc of these blowers, but, i would think they will handle quite a bit of boost...there is (i think) some one on the boards that is running one of these, maybe more...they may read your post and respond...i hope this helps a little :)

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Most of that I already knew. I do have the 16 rib and according to your description the old style intake. I too am superchilled. Between the 2 belts they each have there pro's and con's from others I have talked too. The 16 rib was designed for boats to allow the belt to slip in case of a backfire because there is no explosion plate on boat manifolds. If I was you I would run 750's and I happen to have a pair from mine for sale. :)

I most interested in what kind of power potential they have and max boost the blower can handle.

Thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts