Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to know who I to contact about getting a CP built. From what I have read the CP is the way to go. Any info would be great. Thanks

·
I do all my own stunts.
1,599 Posts
cp= california performance= bill scotten

river dad= rouse 19= clean gullwing as well

but the guy said he wants a CP, they do a have a reputation,

·
Bostick Racing Engines
1,063 Posts

But someone saying they want a CP is like using a brand name as the generic name of a product... kinda like Formica for laminated plastic and Xerox for a photocopy... unless he actually wants a "CP brand" Gullwing.

·
Resident Ford Nut
10,102 Posts

x2

And what about So-Cal Performance ? Are those the molds GS has ?

But someone saying they want a CP is like using a brand name as the generic name of a product... kinda like Formica for laminated plastic and Xerox for a photocopy... unless he actually wants a "CP brand" Gullwing.
Gullwing = generic, CP = specific

S CP :D

·
Amber Racing Services
4,341 Posts
x2
Gullwing = generic, CP = specific
So if I say I want a large coke at the drive thru window does that make it specific or does the public use the word cola more often?

Geez guys ... relax

So in reality, the guy is asking for a Youngblood Gullwing since that's who invented them. Who has the molds today doesn't matter unless you have a preference.

Let's try this ...

copterzach, were you speaking about an actual California Performance hull or a Gullwing in general? If you are speaking about Gullwing, are you looking for an 18' or 19'? (there are big differences).

·
I do all my own stunts.
1,599 Posts
So if I say I want a large coke at the drive thru window does that make it specific or does the public use the word cola more often?

Geez guys ... relax

So in reality, the guy is asking for a Youngblood Gullwing since that's who invented them. Who has the molds today doesn't matter unless you have a preference.

Let's try this ...

copterzach, were you speaking about an actual California Performance hull or a Gullwing in general? If you are speaking about Gullwing, are you looking for an 18' or 19'? (there are big differences).
Lets try this, dont crash every single thread........:D

gullwing= general hull type

cp= straighter sides, well built hull, good reputation, good resale value.

would scotten be the one who makes the 18' cp with the straight sides (if you know what i mean) their Bitchin'
the sides are straight on his 18's, but i have not seen alot of other makes to see how wavy they are.

·
Bostick Racing Engines
1,063 Posts

Geez guys ... relax

Let's try this ...

Dude... I'm not gettin' all crazy on this or anything... I just meant that people often times use the brand name to describe a generic product... just because someone wants a gullwing doesn't mean they specifically want a California Performance... they may be happy with a Youngblod, Earl Smith, Sunkist, Condor, SoCal, Etc... they just want a gullwing and know it by a brand name.

Jeez man... all I wanted was a Pepsi.:D

Btw... anyone check out the boats Earl is building out at the world finals last year? Nice boats... fair price too... just have to drive to El Paso to get one.

·
Amber Racing Services
4,341 Posts
Lets try this, dont crash every single thread........:D
I'll call you to make sure it's ok to post from now on.

We understand, you are a Scotten supporter and your Dad has had great luck with his hulls. Is that to say that the others out there aren't any good?

I didn't have good luck with him (Scotten). I found him to be very arrogant and unwilling to listen to what a customer (myself) wanted. When I was looking to buy a hull I called him and spoke to him for quite a bit, he blew me off. I had money to buy a hull and he made me feel as if he was doing me a favor in speaking to me. Said I would only get a hull the way he sold them.

I told him I wanted MPD to rig it and he said he would think about it. Never called me back.

I was trying to keep it generic, but CP doesn't have the best reputation as far as their rigging or customer service goes IMO.

How's that for crashing a thread.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I want a CP. I have heard a lot good things about the hull. I want it to be a race boat on some weekends and a lake boat on others... I have also heard that Scotten is hard to work with. Who is/was selling a So Cal jet boat awhile back? I remember it being nice also.

The Daytona is kick ass. Is it still for sale??

·
Resident Ford Nut
10,102 Posts
How's that for crashing a thread.
I can only imagine if Shaun had written something like that :)violent
Pitch forks and torches I'm sure.

S CP ;)

Oh Yeah, I'm glad we found our CP complete in La Mesa in 1989. We had David pull the Chevy and install our Ford in it. I spoke to Scotten a month or two later. If I had to go through him to get it we might have ended up with a Cole. Just sayin :)bulb

I should add she is 20 yrs old and looks great. Heavy lay-up very few stress cracks I just washed her yesterday. I'm glad we made the choice we did.

Sleeper CP
Big Inch Ford Lover and CP's too :D

·
Rollin With Fink
583 Posts
I want a CP. I have heard a lot good things about the hull. I want it to be a race boat on some weekends and a lake boat on others... I have also heard that Scotten is hard to work with. Who is/was selling a So Cal jet boat awhile back? I remember it being nice also.

The Daytona is kick ass. Is it still for sale??
Funny cuz I look for a CP too- when I take the Daytona out -LOL!!

Yep still have it, now it has about 6 hrs on it. My son and I take it out once a while to get our fix. Lots of interest but nobody so far has had the money. I am still pretty firm on the price and thats why. Someone with my price someday will appreciate the boat and pay.... If not -it still runs and looks awesome and will be there when we want to use it....
Still have 3 other boats so those keep us busy.....

We have been using it at Lake Folsom during the week this is from 2 weeks ago.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts