Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a good builder/supplier for a 400-425 HP 383 SB chevy. The old 350 has finally given up the ghost (22 yrs). Plans are to convert the Panther with a conversion kit to a Berkley style. The boat is a 23 ft Day cruiser so I will never be super fast but I hear that an additional 15 to 20 MPH is possible. Anyway do a lot of travel so time at home on the boat is at a premimum. Hate to pay someone else to do something I can do, just do not want to take 3 to 4 months to do. Anyone out there have any recommendations for a builder/supplier.

·
New here
4,028 Posts
I don't know what your budget is, but this one would power you real well. Just give it some break-in time to get the valve guides loosened up for boat use. 460hp/460tq.

$8,197.95

This limited production edelbrock crate engine is so special that each one is individually serial numbered and is lazer etched with Vic's signature. This is not only a great investment but it's also a 460HP/ 460ft/lbs. sterioded small block that will definitely keep you in front of the crowd. Edelbrock will only produce 250 of these engines so get yours ordered today before they're gone for good.
Specifications:
Horsepower.........................460
Torque................................460
Bore x Stroke......................4.00" x 3.800"
Compression.......................9.5:1
Max recommended RPM........6500
Block...................................New GM ZZ383
Crank...................................Forged steel
Pistons.................................Hypereutectic
Rods....................................Powered Metal
Camshaft..............................Hydraulic roller
Rocker arms........................Aluminum roller 1.5:1
Cylinder heads......................E-Tec 170 #ED60979
Carburetor...........................Edelbrock 800cfm Thunder Series
Distributor............................MSD
Warranty..............................2 Year/unlimited mileage
-$0 deductible

·
Registered
16,521 Posts
guy in az has a 383 stroker motor fresh pan to carbs never ran yet.for like $2000 obo built for boat he wants 5k for boat or 4k less motor but i was told he would like to get about 1800 for the motor ...make him a offer..here is a link to his add

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/cph/boa/1252028702.html

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the responses, still looking for anyone that might have had a good experience with a local builder in the southeast. Had a guy drop a couple of names like T and L out of Charlotte, NC and Herbert racing also in NC. Can anyone out there pass on any words of wisdom or experience. Both companies claim to build good engines and T and L has quite a selection of SB strokers.

·
New here
4,028 Posts
Thanks for the responses, still looking for anyone that might have had a good experience with a local builder in the southeast. Had a guy drop a couple of names like T and L out of Charlotte, NC and Herbert racing also in NC. Can anyone out there pass on any words of wisdom or experience. Both companies claim to build good engines and T and L has quite a selection of SB strokers.
Again; What are you looking to spend? For a motor that is going to be coupled to a hydraulic rev-limiter, I would get as much motor as you can pay for.

·
Boat Nut
4,935 Posts
You may want to re-think, your plans on changing pump flow type on such a big boat. Axial flow pumps actually perform better for such heavy boat, and being powered by small block, it may be better suited to stay. imo

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.